View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12793 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Bidisha
Bidisha • Jan 7, 2008

Help! How to begin webpage design? Which languages should I learn?

Hiii!!!!

Can anybody give me a suggestion on how to start designing a webpage.And what r the minimum Front End and Back End languages needed.????It will be of great help.....😁
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jan 7, 2008
Re: Help......Webpage design????//

Bidisha
Hiii!!!!

Can anybody give me a suggestion on how to start designing a webpage.And what r the minimum Front End and Back End languages needed.????It will be of great help.....😁
Hi Bidisha,

There are couple of ways to go about it. For simple text/images website, you may -

1. Design it using HTML / CSS
2. Design it using a WYSIWYG editor like NVU (Google search it). For this, you need not have any knowledge of any programming/scripting language.

However, if you want to build a database driven website, you will need to know PHP (for starters) , HTML , CSS and some basic knowledge of MYSQL.
You may then move on to Javascript to add some buzz to your website. Once that's done, go with AJAX 😀

I hope this gets your started. If you have further questions, please feel free to post in this thread.
Prasad Ajinkya
Prasad Ajinkya • Jan 7, 2008
Hey Bidisha,

Biggie is on the dot (as always), you may also want to check out Google pages. It lets you create and host pages through a simple wizard driven interface.

Worth a visit.
Bidisha
Bidisha • Jan 17, 2008
Thanx 4 the previous reply...But can anyone tell me how is PHP related to HTML...N pls suggest a good book for starting the basic web page designing.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jan 17, 2008
Bidisha
Thanx 4 the previous reply...But can anyone tell me how is PHP related to HTML...N pls suggest a good book for starting the basic web page designing.
You're welcome!

Understand that PHP & HTML are two different programming languages & have different purpose.

PHP: is server side scripting language
HTML: Hyper Text Markup Language (client side language)

There's a major difference between these two languages:- PHP is used to produce dynamic pages, while HTML can produce static pages.

Go with PHP if you want to build a website that is database driven, has dynamically generated pages. You can of course use HTML with your PHP code.

Go with HTML/CSS if you want a static web page that displays images & text. Unless you specify your requirements, it would be difficult for anyone to comment more on the choice of language / technology.

There are tons of language specific books available in the market. HTML is very easy to learn & you can get lots of free ebooks/tutorials on the Internet.
inet2910
inet2910 • Jan 26, 2008
n i happened to find a pretty good site where u can get free ebooks related to web technologies...check this out
Free ebooks download - KnowFree v2.0

Share this content on your social channels -