help for 89c51

hi all,
im doing a project with 89c51.i have wriiten ALP and it gets loaded into the chip's memory.but,no output is reflected.that is,the chip doesn't react for even asimple 'PORT' command.how do i rectify this.Am i missing out any initializations...if so,wat are the initial setups to be done?
waiting for reply eagerly.pls help.
thanking you

Replies

• maheshkrishnan
    maheshkrishnan
    Hi Vidya,
    Did you checked the Xtal connections given correctlly with correct value with ranges from "10 - 13 Mhz"
    Then If you are using 8051 it having internal Rom so no need for using external memory, you should be making the "EA" pin number i hope it is 31 for the 8051 make it to HIGH or (VCC).
    Then I am sure you will get the output with out any problem.
    then comeback with good projects.

Thanks,
    mahesh krishnan
  • RachaelP
    RachaelP
    Hi Vidya,

What port are you looking at when trying to get it to output? If you are trying to output on Port 0 then its a little bit odd in that '0' drives low but write '1' it is floating and/or high-Z input. So basically you need to add external pull-ups on Port 0 pins that are being used as outputs.

Hope this helps,

Rach
  • hemant
    hemant
    this is good solution i need another one if you able to get
    i m interfacing gsm modem to my microcontroller.i need to send sms
    through it.
    i am using AT commands for that.the command to send sms (AT+ CMGS)
    terminates with
    ctrl-Z.now in my program i hav tried all ways to send ctrl-Z at end of
    my sms.but it takes this as
    a character or string only.also i tried with ascii value of ctrl-Z but
    of no use.

i am able to see the transmitted commands on hyper-terminal through
    serial interface & also on serail window while debugging.
    the commands are as follows with 2ms delay between each of them.

AT ,, AT+CMGS = mobile no. , "message to be sent " ctrl-Z it is for the only end of statement

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

please big k post some more C problems and in the sections that u have started for the HR questions,please put some more questions that are asked and do post...
Lamborghini launches... Lamborghini Gallardo 'Nera' I guess the first letter seems a sounded one, though i won't comment for the remaining ones.... Anyway for a start Nera is the latest...
hey, hi, this is my first thread nd i hope that u wil reply my thread. my question is that why 8 mb space left as unpartitioned after partitioning the...
hey, hi, this is my first thread nd i hope that u wil reply my thread. my question is that why 8 mb space left as unpartitioned after partitioning the...
Hi All , It was time new microsoft vista has arise to the Information Technology market....can anyone tell me its features & availibity...... Regards vibhor_one