Help Deciding On Job: Java Developer Or Software QA Engineer

sir,i have done my btech(CSE) 2014 passout.i was trained in java basics in 4-1 semister.in my college there are no placements.in june_july there was no openings on developement and also i was weak in aptitude at that time. i joined in manual Testing-QTP course and i got job in a small telecom company with 1.3 package as manual tester.but some where in my mind it is tickling that i should be developer.

now i got opertunity to get into a MNC as manual tester with 3lacs pkg.can i accept this job or i sholud resign my current job and try for java developer job?
plz help me in taking decision?

Replies

• Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    b.madhusudhanreddy
    sir,i have done my btech(CSE) 2014 passout.i was trained in java basics in 4-1 semister.in my college there are no placements.in june_july there was no openings on developement and also i was weak in aptitude at that time. i joined in manual Testing-QTP course and i got job in a small telecom company with 1.3 package as manual tester.but some where in my mind it is tickling that i should be developer.

now i got opertunity to get into a MNC as manual tester with 3lacs pkg.can i accept this job or i sholud resign my current job and try for java developer job?
    plz help me in taking decision?
    So far my opinion is concerned, You should go ahead saying Yes, Yes and Yes to the new job in MNC. Well Salary does matter in life. With the hike in salary, you would get money which you can invest to make yourself learn various technologies. Learning those technologies, you can apply in same company or some other firms for the post of developers. No issues with that.

Another question that might ring in your mind: Suppose I work for company as a tester to 1 or 1.5 year, why the next company would take me as a developer?
    Answer is: Do not worry about it, Companies are even hiring candidates who are sitting idle for 1 or 1.5 years searching job. You will be having an advantage that, you have utilized your time working live in any of the profit making project for some random firm.

So In Brief, Say Yes to the new offer. Good Luck. God bless you.!! 😀😀
  • b.madhusudhanreddy
    b.madhusudhanreddy
    thank u bro for your valuable suggestion...

wish u a happy new year ...........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

BPG abbreviated as Better Portable Graphics is new image format with sole purpose to replace JPEG. Here's the BPG/JPEG Comparison : https://bellard.org/bpg/lena.html Here is one image comparison for lazyass people....
We've had a hot discussion about TCS Layoffs. I was discussing general hiring polities adopted by companies with a senior official from the industry and what he had to say...
National Security Agency also known as NSA, the US intelligence agency has been a hot topic of discussion after former member Edward Snowden revealed its dark side. An archive of...
One of the large diversified Indian companies, Videocon has launched a new small budget dual SIM smartphone called Infinium Z45 Nova at maximum retail price of Rs 6,799. However, the...