HELP: Automatic bell using microcontroller

hello friends,
the image below is a circuit diagram for automatic bell using mc..
Got it from college library. Can somebody explain it..am afraid, i cant understand this...
[โ€‹IMG]

Thanx in advance

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Here goes -

Refer the datasheet of DS12887 on the internet. Its a Real Time Clock IC. The Controller AT89C52 is reading the clock data and displaying it on the LCD.
    In addition, at required time conditions (Eg . Every one hour) based on the RTC value, it also activates a relay which turns on a Bell.

L7805 is the Power supply for the controller, RTC and Relay coil.

There is however one major mistake in the circuit. The emitter of Q2 needs to be connect to GND. ๐Ÿ˜’

-Karthik
  • rohit330
    rohit330
    Thanks @ reachrkata
    by the way, could you just explain how those two transistors used to drive the relay... I think, interrupt is providing at the time we require output on our buzzer.. right? so, a low is fed to npn...
    and then, R4 to R11 are pull up resistors?? for ?? ๐Ÿ˜
    then a pot on 9th pin of lcd..then C6, R15 on 8952 RST pin ๐Ÿ˜”
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    To answer your questions -

1) Its the other way, when we require to activate the buzzer, a HIGH is given by the port. This drives Q2 to saturation, which inturn drives Q1 to saturation and 12V is applied to the relay coil which then activates the relay. The Q1-Q2 circuit is added because the microcontroller cannot by itself drive the 12V relay coil.

2) I am exactly not sure why the R4-R11 pull-ups are present. Perhaps you can check the datasheets of the controller and RTC to get an idea.

3) The Pot perhaps does the job of providing the LCD bias voltages. LCD biasing is a separate topic in itself and you can google it for more info.

4) The RC in the Reset pin is usually added so that transient spikes on the reset line do not unnecessarily reset the controller.

-Karthik
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    To answer your questions -

1) Its the other way, when we require to activate the buzzer, a HIGH is given by the port. This drives Q2 to saturation, which inturn drives Q1 to saturation and 12V is applied to the relay coil which then activates the relay. The Q1-Q2 circuit is added because the microcontroller cannot by itself drive the 12V relay coil.

2) I am exactly not sure why the R4-R11 pull-ups are present. Perhaps you can check the datasheets of the controller and RTC to get an idea.

3) The Pot perhaps does the job of providing the LCD bias voltages. LCD biasing is a separate topic in itself and you can google it for more info.

4) The RC in the Reset pin is usually added so that transient spikes on the reset line do not unnecessarily reset the controller.

-Karthik
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • rohit330
    rohit330
    Thanx @ reachrkata ๐Ÿ˜€
    For microcontroller, no internal pull ups are there for port 0. And that pot is for contrast setting of lcd. Then RC circuit to reset the MC every time it starts.. I asked one of his friend.. Just wanted to know more..
    Regards..๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Last edition of the workshop turned out to be a success with the participants ending up happy with their bots and learnings. So here we are back with it...
hi everyone, i m pushparaj, completed my Mechanical engineering this year. i have good knowledge in designing in PROE and Auto Cadd. if anyone willing to offer me a chance...
I've a CASIO 991-MS๐Ÿ˜’..I'm used to solving system of algebraic equations using it..Please tell me if there is any way i can solve a system of eqns with complex coefficients...
helloooo guys....... can anyone of u pls let me understand why sonometer box or musical instruments are kept hollow. thanks:smile::smile:
3 days robotics workshop goin 2 be held in BIT MESRA ,ranchi from 14th aug. workshop will b conducted by the SOCIETY OF AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERS. apart from this many more...