Heat Exchanger Scaling problem

well, I am a new member of your forum and working at an offshore oil platform . Here we are using shell and tube heat exchangers for heating the well fluid. Recently we are facing scaling problem in one of them.
So can somebody demonstrate the procedure to clean the same.
regards
Abhimanyu Dagla

Replies

• Transpower
    Transpower
    abhimanyu.dagla
    well, I am a new member of your forum and working at an offshore oil platform . Here we are using shell and tube heat exchangers for heating the well fluid. Recently we are facing scaling problem in one of them.
    So can somebody demonstrate the procedure to clean the same.
    regards
    Abhimanyu Dagla
    Dear Abhi,

It all depends what is the level of your scaling problem. If it has just started you can flush the exchangers with degreaser, pickling fluid phospahting and passivate the same and put the exchanger on line.

In case its too aggravated then you will have to deploy high pressure water jet cleaning usually you have these machine on the rigs.

regards

transpower
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Thermal
    Thermal
    Maybe, if your fluids are viscous and your thermal resistance is located in the tubes, you could check the option of wire matrix inserts. They could enhance the coefficients of HT plus due to the distrurbance effect on the boundary layer (responsible for coking, scaling, ...) your fluids would not have the chance to stay for long on the circumference and therefore minimize the rate of chemical reactions thus elongating the time required for maintenance.
    (It is an idea, but more for your process is required for detailed analysis).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Re: Compiling a list of project ideas & seminar topics i found a large collection of Enginnering seminar topics from streams like mechanical,electronics, electrical,computer etc in edufive.com/seminartopics.html hope it is...
Hey Frends , I am nishit ..plz evaluate my profile and tell me wer can i get for spring 2008. GRE: 1200, Academics :67%, TOEFL :Yet to b given ....
I know that this discussion is available on lot of other websites, but that cannot stop us from starting a new discussion over here. I'm sure it will benefit lot...
Hi guys, I have just formatted my laptop and installed everything again but my IIS server is showing me problems. The previous websites I made arent running. It is giving...
helllo frnds.. well..i think my topic wld define my problem 2 a gr8 extent... as i wld like 2 add dat i wish 2 design a digital signal processor(actually a...