Have You Modified Your Motor Bike? Share Tips, Photos & Videos

I remember during my college days, my friend from Industrial engineer would modify his motorcycle [Yamaha RX-100] every 15 days and add something new. He'd done all kinds of tweaks to his motorcycle you'd think of in 4 years of engineering.

I wonder whether we've any crazy engineers who've modified their motorcycles just for fun. If yes, tell us what did you do and share photos/videos and how tos, if possible ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No one's done it? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gohm
    gohm
    I've done it to all my bikes (both street & track) from ergonomic, safety, convenience and of course lots of performance modifications. I'll try to think of one to cover in detail.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I have done a little bit in this aspect.But always failed miserably because the end product giving still bad results than ever.
    Presently I am in search of a luna.I will try to modify a cycle using parts of a Hero puch or Luna.
  • yashwinsingh
    yashwinsingh
    I have modified my Royal Enfield city bike which is 2000 model 535cc. comments welcome!!![โ€‹IMG]
    #-Link-Snipped-#

[โ€‹IMG]
  • yashwinsingh
    yashwinsingh
    ideas are welcome!
  • Basitadam
    Basitadam
    He is a '98 Triumph Tiger. Originally has three carburattors. Removed them and install throttle body of a newer model. used required sensor and made a hommade ecu. the ecu has a 32 bits cpu. resulted more torque, -15% fuel consumption and stability in running.Here are the photos taken showing the process. System is running with no issues since three years, more than 30.000km in four seasons, all type of roads. ( I cannot upload photos, says I don't have permissions. mabye later )
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You'll need at least 10 posts to be able to upload photos. If you have them on flicker, feel free to post a link to your photo album ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @Basitadam: The project sound interesting. I will be waiting for you to upload pics. Those will give a clearer idea. But is is still strange and also encouraging too for a novice engineer that we can get 15% less fuel consumption from the system you mentioned. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Basitadam
    Basitadam
    I don't. But may share a link to another forum. is that ok?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sure, go ahead!
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    This run without fuel. Most economic ๐Ÿ˜216969_254393234570985_100000009325197_1103216_4019818_n
  • Basitadam
    Basitadam
    Hi,

Links:

Part I : #-Link-Snipped-#
    Part II : TigerTriple.com :: View topic - Injected Steamer Part II

Regards,
    Tim

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are so many motorcycles in Indian market that it's always difficult to choose the best one. Why not collect first hand information from all our CEans about the best...
Can anyone post a simply graphic design code in c or c++? (the output of the code should look like a design(example:name or ball shape)
It happens with me many time that I had to copy some files from my pen drive to our college lab and the moment I plugged in my pen drive,...
Check this out guys! BOTIX is a 2 day hands-on workshop that focuses on introducing participants to the world of robotics. Split over 4 sessions participants are introduced to various...
Hey guys I want to develop a real time system but I don't have much idea about this. Can you guide what topic I can go for and in which...