Harry Potter inspires engineer for a quick blood type test

There is a scene in the movie, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, where Harry Potter writes a question in Tom Riddle's Diary and gets an answer. While watching that scene an engineer got an idea to develop a sensor that can report a blood type result in writing 😲
Don't be amazed! This is a true story of an Engineer Associate Professor Wei Shen, from Monash University, and colleagues.
You can read the full story on Discovery News here: #-Link-Snipped-#
It's funny how people find inspiration for their inventions at the most unusual places. 😍

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I hope to read the Harry Potter series once I retire from work at the age of 80 😁 #off-topic #sorry
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Nice one!! Now, anyone can do the blood type test, and all you need to know is the English alphabet. No technical knowledge required. Could be very useful indeed.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This could be the classic example of sci-fi turning non-fiction. 😒

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone please tell me what is the gate AIR or percentile or score cutoff for BHEL,NTPC,IOC?or send me a link where i can get that?
Real time collaborative text editor; Stypi has been acquired by Salesforce. The service will remain live for users and the engineering team at stypi will make sure that it integrates...
Here's an unique project idea that hostelites or students staying in dorms can try out as a mini-project. During his freshman year at UC Berkeley, this guy set out to...
People love to touch computer screens and I hate it the most when people use their own fingers as mouse pointers to attract attention to various spots on the screen....
Rage characters from Dan's Awesome RageMaker: https://ragemaker.net/