Harnessing Cosmic radiation for Green Power

Cosmic radiation is known to cause Ionization of gasses in the upper atmosphere. The problem lies in the fact that, apart from the cosmic radiation from sun, the galactic cosmic radiation find it difficult to enter the solar system due to interplanetary magnetic field.

Even then, cosmic radiations(mainly from the sun) cause a peculiar and spectacular phenomena on earth, Auroras( polar lights). If the ionoshere is sustained by cosmic radiation there is immense potential in harnessing power from it.

Is it really feasible? It is at all possible? How can the power be harnessed?

It presents several engineering challenges. Thats what s are for. Solving them.

Regards.

Biswa

Replies

• jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Yeah they are bad now days mate..
    World Gets Polluted too now a days...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Interesting idea!

The closest I heard about harnessing solar radiation is to use solar sails, which utilize radiation pressure. Perhaps we can just put up a solar mill station?

Link: Solar Sail

For using cosmic radiation (directly or indirectly), probably launching the required devices to harness them into high orbit (above the atmosphere) or placing them on the moon would be the more likely options. I suppose we can assume the deployment logistics can be dealt with, so we probably should just discuss how to absorb the radiation.. which I assume will then be converted to heat?
  • silenthorde
    silenthorde
    I think the best thing to do is to tap our ionosphere for this energy. I just don;t have any idea how

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Folks! I wrote a classic snake game this weekend, The code is in C#, and is open source and available free for use and reuse. This can serve as...
Hi, Am presently in final year production. I need an idea for the final year project. My focus is for the society so tel me any idea which you feel...
Hi everyone, This is the First of several posts on Fuzzy logic. Il slowly post the entire tutorial: Please leave your suggestions, feedback and question which we will discuss in...
[FONT="]My husband and I were trying to purchase a home but we need to raise our credit score and I heard about this credit enhancement program that will raise your...
I want to do something big.I'm ready to work hard learn new stuff and for the record I have already done before.SO I need a idea with MS in mind.I...