Harness a tornado to reap free power - Stack gas heat recovery

More than 60% of heat energy is lost ito the atmosphere in thermal plants.
Peter Thiel, the billionaire co-founder of PayPal has set up a foundation Breakout Labs that funds wacky ideas that may not find other takers to find out of the box solutions to problems. This agency has funded a project that aims to harness the tornado principle to harvest this huge heat lost in thermal plants.
Called the Atmospheric Vortex Engine the concept fits CE to a T:
Increasing fossil-fuel power by 40% with a green, clean tornado turbocharger | ExtremeTech

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Filmmaker David Breashears climbed Mount Everest visited Everest fifteen times and compiled a Two Billion Pixel photograph of this matching Giga peak! Now one can sit in an arm chair...
For those more used to saying 'Bottoms Up!', here is a beer dispenser that is engineered to get refills nine times faster with negligible waste of the draft brew. I...
I hope many of them here had done a project or at least a mini one in college. Am in 3rd year now. There is a spark in my mind...
Found footage showcases the flight of the Wright Brothers' original plane design over the undeveloped Sunset District in San Francisco. https://fora.tv/2010/12/16/Rick_Prel...ion_of_the_Wright_Brothers_The_Sunset_Gliders
Placement Training in our college now. The man came today said that mechanical core companies will have 7 or 8 rounds. For softwares it is only 3. What are that...