Gujarat dedicates India’s first canal-top Solar Power Project to the nation!

Groundbreaking blend of Jal Shakti with Urja Shakti
A first of its kind, Gujarat will dedicate India’s first 1 MW Canal-top Solar Power Project on the Sanand Branch Canal of the Sardar Sarovar Project. Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi will dedicate the project to the nation tomorrow.

[​IMG]

This project was developed by Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited (GSECL) with support from the Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Limited (SSNNL). It will generate 1.6 million units of clean electricity per year and 90 lakh litres of water will be prevented from getting evaporated.

[​IMG]

Sharing glimpses of the sight.

[​IMG]

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Its great.. At least somewhere is tying to do something good..👍
    #-Link-Snipped-#, Only state in India where Water Table gone up using micro-irrigation projects. I read this few months back. Idea is to create small ponds in each farm and while irrigation water first flow through this micro pond and then spread out to whole farm.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    read about this sometime back!

very innovative indeed! Two problems solved in one shot 😀 Normally the problem with solar power is the amount of space it covers. Here the solar panels have been wisely used and the the cover for the canals has also been provided 👍 superb job 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I totally love the way they're utilizing the space. I'm quite sure Gujarat will also do something to harness the wind power.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    I totally love the way they're utilizing the space. I'm quite sure Gujarat will also do something to harness the wind power.
    Suzlon and Enercon has already installed thousands of windmills in veraval and katchh area
  • Bani_01
    Bani_01
    😁
    definitely gujarat is to become world class pioneer in power sector in days to come...........harnessing the renewable energy sources.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The way Mr. Modi is turning the world's attention towards Gujarat and utilizing its full potential is really commendable. People staying in Gujarat right now are blessed.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I wonder if TN or other states do the same encouraging technology and engineering... 😀 I don't want this to go as a day dream! 😔

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yahoo! Inc. has been a troubled company for many years now. All the major news we've been covering about Yahoo is either about product retirements or layoffs. Scott Thompson became...
Hello everyone, I want to build a use case diagram of a complex system (by complex system I mean a system that has many subsystems). The subsystems are providing services...
Depends, where you are spending it. What you say .. Are you going to try it?😀
Today our CEan-@xheavenlyx aka Varun is celebrating his birthday. Wishing you many many happy returns of the day Varun.
Phone call, SMS and alarm clock are the three most frequent uses of mobile. I was looking for an awesome free alarm clock app for my android phone and discovered...