Guide Me!

Hello Friends!

1) I can prepare DOS bootable and Windows 98 bootable cds but i am not able to prepare windows xp cd. I tried two to three times but i failed to make it as windows xp bootable. Source was in my hdd, i want to make it as bootable windows xp cd..

2) Second thing was can anyone tell me how to prepare a cd as autorun or autoplay cd..

Srinivas

Replies

• no_atkt
    no_atkt
    to create an autorun cd ... u need to create an autorun.ini file and put it inur cd

the contents of the file should be:

[autorun]
    OPEN=setup.exe
    ICON=setup.ico
    .... for icon u put the icon file u want and open is the file that should be executed once the cd is inserted .... remember the u will also have to copy the icon file to ur cd

as far as ur first query of creating a bootable xp cd:

[download nlite from #-Link-Snipped-# ... its a simple gui program easy to follow steps u should be able to make a bootable cd if u can read
  • srinu
    srinu
    Thanks...

i am downloading the nlite gui program. After preparing bootable i will inform you....

From
    srinu
  • srinu
    srinu
    Hello CEans!

Can anyone provide help about Virtual Drive
    how to create virtual drive
    Advantages and disadvantages of virtula drive
    requirements of virtual drive

from
    srinu
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    what virtual drive do u want to make?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Recently I have started loving writing movie reviews. You may say thats because of my inherent quality(?) of analysing things, or people to the hilt. So here comes the second...
well one of my fenz was trying for iit and un-fortunately faild to make the cut now he is waiting for the cet results he wants to pursue computer science...
dudes.. i'm scnd yr electrncs student.. planning to do a mini project... my line of inerest is digital electronics.. can anyone guide for a good topic to do.. if not...
hi my name is Jet. i'm a college student, my major is Electrical Engineer. i post this thread to ask for help because i need to interview one person who...
Well actually this thread doesnt belong here but i think it will get more attention here ok as most of u might know the 7 wonders of the world are...