Green Circuit helpp needed

Please help me with this project.......
The aim is to build a Green circuit that can optimize the energy utilization in a room by avoiding unnecessary energy usage. For
the purposes of this project, i am expected to build a small-scale version of a Green circuit that can be suitably scaled up
during actual implementation.

As a compulsory module, i need to build a robust real-time counter that can maintain and display a count of the number of
persons in the room. Based on this count or otherwise, i need to come up with innovative ideas and implementations to
optimize the energy usage of various electric appliances in the room. I can choose the appliances whose operations you
intend to optimize . I am
also free to decide how to implement and demonstrate your designs for the different appliances you choose, the closer my demonstration is to the actual implementation, the higher will be my score. I can make
any reasonable assumption during my design.

Please provide in as much ideas for optimization of energy..i came up wid a pyroelectric ir detector for entrance...and for optimization im in short of ideas..

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Munguti
    Munguti
    I am not sure what your question is but what about controlling an air conditioner or heater to be on only when neccessary(temp dependent switching).
  • inbotics
    inbotics
    I understood your question,

My lab had this of energy optimizer, the more the ppl in room, the AC used to blow at higher speeds, the lesser the ppl, the temp ususally got adjusted, and also the lights used to be turned automatically off whenever nobody was within the specific area.

In short you need, a motion detection sensor, you can also use ultrasonics/IR to specify widths, and to go on much advanced level, one can also use Image processing stuffs.

But anyways, let us come up with some concrete idea to implement your project.
  • viggnesh90
    viggnesh90
    Can anyone help me with phase angle firing property of scr...

Related block diagrams,circuits or materials plsss
  • resonableman
    resonableman
    dude this is not allowed
    This Green circuit is IIT MADRAS competition

U have to do this ur self
    Dont cheat...
  • resonableman
    resonableman
    ur breaking the spirit of competition..
  • silenthorde
    silenthorde
    really unfortunate viggnesh. What Resonableman is saying is absolutely true. This is actually a copy of the SHastra green circuit problem statement. YOu haven't even bothered to alter it. If you can't do it yourself, don't participate. No one will blow your head off if you dont.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    OK Guys, Chillax!!! Dont blow him off here! 😀
    @ Viggnesh- mistake that you did not mention it to be a part of competition . You should have mentioned it before you ask for help.

@ all if it was not online and you were all friends would you not discuss this with your elite gruop and get to know how you can achieve this aim? so may be he is trying to discuss on how to optimise the energy being consumped , I feel no harm in discussing it , and leave it to him to implement.
  • viggnesh90
    viggnesh90
    I never wanted to break up the spice of the event or cheat...as this is the first time am going to design a circuit and am devoid of help so i just thought i could get some information here...
    actually rather than participating in the event i am doing this as my project...a hobby one...so please don't mistake me...

@ durga thanks a ton for your support...thank you very much...
  • kum.bips
    kum.bips
    inbotics
    I understood your question,

My lab had this of energy optimizer, the more the ppl in room, the AC used to blow at higher speeds, the lesser the ppl, the temp ususally got adjusted, and also the lights used to be turned automatically off whenever nobody was within the specific area.

In short you need, a motion detection sensor, you can also use ultrasonics/IR to specify widths, and to go on much advanced level, one can also use Image processing stuffs.

But anyways, let us come up with some concrete idea to implement your project.

can u actually tell me how it actually works and in case u can send me the circuit diagram it will be useful for my mini project which is about optimization of acs.
    kindly do th needful
    help needed urgently
    awaiting your reply
    thank you

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone Iam doing my M.S in aerospace engineering at Chennai, India. I require a high-speed operating valve that can open and close more than 200 times a second. Kindly...
hi..i m dipika ...pls help me ..i m in last year ..so tell me abt intresting topic on electrical base ..for seminar ,....also tell me abt some working model ....
Hello all, I am in the process of making our own CE Store. It would consist of customized CE T-shirts (CE-Tees) 😁 We've planned to make different sections in the...
Hey s, I want to know what are the ULV laptops. How it is different from the normal laptops. I heard Acer Timeline series are ULV laptops. Lenovo U series...
Hello everyone!!! I just joined these forums and would like to take the time to let you know a little bit about me. I am Tammy from Canada and new...