GRE after 4 years of work experience

Hi

I am Ranjan, BE in electonics & TC in 2005.

now i am working in one company last 4 years, but i wanted to give GRE.

Kindly suggest me what are the necessary steps to attend GRE exam 2010.

IS it worth to give GRE after 4 years of work experince.

Ranjan

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kumar_ranjan27
    Hi

I am Ranjan, BE in electonics & TC in 2005.

now i am working in one company last 4 years, but i wanted to give GRE.

Kindly suggest me what are the necessary steps to attend GRE exam 2010.

IS it worth to give GRE after 4 years of work experince.

Ranjan
    Welcome to CE, Ranjan!

Of course it's worth to take GRE after 4 years of work experience. How it benefits you entirely depends on what specialization you opt for your masters, if it's relevant to your engineering discipline and work experience, you can expect very good opportunities.

Visit ETS official website for all the information you need to take GRE -

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • kumar_ranjan27
    kumar_ranjan27
    Hi

Thanks, But i am working as service engineer in Vaccum products i.e. Turbo pumps and lot of products.... such kind of products which is generally used in research, industry, defecnce organisation, which is based on mechanical, electrical, electronics and physics.

as i am BE in Electronics & TC, also i am intersted for DSP.

kindly give me suggestion how i will start my preparation and what are the oppurtunity...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In order to start your preparation for GRE, you'll have to go through the syllabus. To the best of my knowledge it involves some basic math and a good command over English. You'll have to take the TOEFL as well. All the information you need is available on the ETS official website (link in my earlier post).

For an Engineer, GRE is easy to crack; however it does need lot of dedicated preparation for at least 3-4 months.

You may get placed directly in the country from where you get your MS degree. All I can say is that there are plenty of opportunities.
  • kumar_ranjan27
    kumar_ranjan27
    Thank you lot. I will be in touch with you.
  • kumar_ranjan27
    kumar_ranjan27
    i want to do MS in Electronics, then i want to know what is the procedure in GRE means what are the exams i have to give GRE 2010. i want to give in 1st quarter. i am very weak in English. Kindly give me tips
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kumar_ranjan27
    i want to do MS in Electronics, then i want to know what is the procedure in GRE means what are the exams i have to give GRE 2010. i want to give in 1st quarter. i am very weak in English. Kindly give me tips
    You'll have to register for exam date with ETS. If you have not gone through the link I provided in my earlier response, please go through it. It has all the information you need to register for a date with ETS.

English can be improved by practicing. Participate on forums and try to read/write correct English. You can improve a lot by being an active member of CE Forums.

Read lots of books.
  • kumar_ranjan27
    kumar_ranjan27
    Thanks, ok i'll go through ETS
  • kumar_ranjan27
    kumar_ranjan27
    i have one dout. for MS in Electronics. shall i give both GRE general test and subject test or any one

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans , I use Firefox latest one but some times most freqently it shows message like " Server Not found " and the web page also wont opens .😔 at...
i am govind , doing my b.tech. in jntu anantapur in electrical branch.... i am interested to do small projects myself. can anyone give me idea to me please. i...
Hey guys have a look at the grand tribute to Michael Jackson on his Birthday Watch this video YouTube - Make it Large: A Tribute to Michael Jackson tell it...
The problem is to implement the counter in FPGA kit that uses 4 mhz. But the requirement is the counter should increment exactly at 1 second that is the counter...
Hi there, I have an idea that some company is interested in... And I think I have developed the product quite well but I need somebody who could finally check...