CrazyEngineers
  • Ankita
    Ankita

MemberNov 7, 2011

Grand Quiz Question #7

The 7th Question of the #-Link-Snipped-# is as follows -

A man 'P' has a son who is also his uncle.
    Known facts are: 1. P's son is not born of incestuous conception. 2. P can not travel in time, 3. P's son has not married his father's mother or aunt.
    How is this possible? Give detailed analysis.

[Worth 10 CE Coins]

Hint:
    Read the statements carefully and be precise while answering.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The fastest to answer this wins!
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • optimystix

MemberNov 7, 2011

considering a joint family, P's son could have married P's mother's youngest sister who may be younger than P too. thus P's son is of a marriagable age range with P's mother's youngest sister. That would make P's son his uncle too
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Anil Jain

MemberNov 7, 2011

P has married to a lady who is her grand mom / any relative in that generation.

Hence, P's wife has due relation... 1. Wife 2. Relative of the grand mom's generation

Further... P's wife son would be P's:
    - Son
    - Uncle..

😀

-CB
    Cancel
  • Anoop Mathew

MemberNov 7, 2011

P must be married to his youngest grandmother (in the olden days there was no limit to population or children per head). And she bore him a son. So P's son becomes his uncle.
    Cancel
  • silverscorpion

MemberNov 7, 2011

Well, if P's son married any relative 2 generations preceding him, ie., anyone in his grandma's relation, then he would become his father's uncle also.

Since the restriction is only in the father's side, P's son would have married his mother's aunt or his mother's mother's sister.

That would make him his father's uncle.
    Cancel
  • Sahithi Pallavi

MemberNov 7, 2011

If the P's son married his father's grandmother's causin's daughter, then P's son becomes uncle to P.

And also,

If the P's son married his father's grandmother's causin's daughter-in-law, then P's son becomes uncle to P.
    Cancel
  • Rau

MemberNov 7, 2011

P has adopted his uncle as his son. Now that uncle is born of his grandmother's younger sister. Considering joint family, this is quite possible to have uncle younger than you.

P.S: Consider my case, my maternal uncle is 3 years old. Considering the age difference between me and him, I can adopt him as my son.
    Cancel
  • silverscorpion

MemberNov 7, 2011

^^ Short and sweet!! 😀

Now, why didn't I think of it?? 😀
    Good one, Rau!
    Cancel
  • Smriti Jha

MemberNov 7, 2011

P's son marries a sister of P's mother. This does not defy any facts.

1. P's son is not born of incestuous contraception.

2. Does not travel back in time, because huge age differences between siblings was a common thing in olden times.

3. P's son does not marry his father's relative.
    Cancel
  • Smriti Jha

MemberNov 7, 2011

*conception, of course. You wouldn't let me edit. :-|
    Cancel
  • lal

MemberNov 7, 2011

Say, P is married to a woman with a grown up daughter. P's dad marries P's daughter. Now P's daughter is his own mom.
    P's wife give birth to a male child. The child is P's daughter's(mom's) brother. And so, the child is P's uncle and son at the same time.
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorNov 7, 2011

Entries to this question are now closed.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register