Grand Quiz Question #7

The 7th Question of the #-Link-Snipped-# is as follows -

A man 'P' has a son who is also his uncle.
Known facts are: 1. P's son is not born of incestuous conception. 2. P can not travel in time, 3. P's son has not married his father's mother or aunt.
How is this possible? Give detailed analysis.

[Worth 10 CE Coins]

Hint:
Read the statements carefully and be precise while answering.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fastest to answer this wins!

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    considering a joint family, P's son could have married P's mother's youngest sister who may be younger than P too. thus P's son is of a marriagable age range with P's mother's youngest sister. That would make P's son his uncle too
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    P has married to a lady who is her grand mom / any relative in that generation.

Hence, P's wife has due relation... 1. Wife 2. Relative of the grand mom's generation

Further... P's wife son would be P's:
    - Son
    - Uncle..

😀

-CB
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    P must be married to his youngest grandmother (in the olden days there was no limit to population or children per head). And she bore him a son. So P's son becomes his uncle.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, if P's son married any relative 2 generations preceding him, ie., anyone in his grandma's relation, then he would become his father's uncle also.

Since the restriction is only in the father's side, P's son would have married his mother's aunt or his mother's mother's sister.

That would make him his father's uncle.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    If the P's son married his father's grandmother's causin's daughter, then P's son becomes uncle to P.

And also,

If the P's son married his father's grandmother's causin's daughter-in-law, then P's son becomes uncle to P.
  • Rau
    Rau
    P has adopted his uncle as his son. Now that uncle is born of his grandmother's younger sister. Considering joint family, this is quite possible to have uncle younger than you.

P.S: Consider my case, my maternal uncle is 3 years old. Considering the age difference between me and him, I can adopt him as my son.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ^^ Short and sweet!! 😀

Now, why didn't I think of it?? 😀
    Good one, Rau!
  • Smriti Jha
    Smriti Jha
    P's son marries a sister of P's mother. This does not defy any facts.

1. P's son is not born of incestuous contraception.

2. Does not travel back in time, because huge age differences between siblings was a common thing in olden times.

3. P's son does not marry his father's relative.
  • Smriti Jha
    Smriti Jha
    *conception, of course. You wouldn't let me edit. :-|
  • lal
    lal
    Say, P is married to a woman with a grown up daughter. P's dad marries P's daughter. Now P's daughter is his own mom.
    P's wife give birth to a male child. The child is P's daughter's(mom's) brother. And so, the child is P's uncle and son at the same time.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Entries to this question are now closed.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Time-lapse video of the construction of a 6-story phone in New York's Herald Square. The phone was built to celebrate the arrival of 4 new Windows Phones in the US...
Wireless Power Charger!
Let me explain you the scenario Consider this situaltion and put your thoughts on it let's say a barbor shop, next door is the grocery store and beside it is...
Hi, I am working on a project where I need to do some task if any field is updated on a jsp. One way could be take a hidden variable...
I'm have Sennheiser HD 201 headphones and I rarely use them; because most of the times [sarcasm] our server plays the music for me (and makes me dance) [/sarcasm]. But...