Governor vs flywheel

Hi guys
What is the difference between flywheel and governor? Well, I know that flywheel is a wheel which stores and releases energy and avoid fluctutations in speed and governor controls fuel supply when speed is in access or very less through centrifugal action.
But what i am confused is whats diff between two? Both tend to stabilize speed. So is the diff only in the way of working or what?

Replies

• Rohan_sK
    Rohan_sK
    The Flywheel as said stores the excess energy and releases the same when required during the idle stroke. It can store energy which a goverener cannot.

A Governer only regulates the fuel supply by maintaning the required proper valve opening relative to the speed with the principle of Centrifugal Action ( the balls or mass attatched linearlly opposite to each other). It can control speed but cannot store energy and supply the same when required.

Where as the Flywheel stores energy and supplies it when required which a Governer does not do. This is the basic difference.
  • rpower
    rpower
    is there any use of governors in cars ic engines?
  • sjmeena
    sjmeena
    u see man governor works basically with the help of plunger mechanism

but flywheel does't require any such devices it transmit the power to clutch
  • sjmeena
    sjmeena
    with also helical gap

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys I am in a big problem. I have to make a final year project. Although am interested in automobiles(cars) and have real talent in deigning their exterior. But...
Hello, Just found this website and (seriously)joined this website to gather a lot of information and stuff 😔 The problem is that im in my 5th semester of (electrical engineering)...
Hello, I have this little project in my mind to control the fans,lights and other electrical devices through my computer. . . which by further expanding i would try implementing...
Sir / madam, My question is The length of each side of a square is 3x/4+1. What is the perimeter of the square a. x+1 b. 3x+1 c. 3x+4 d....
I'm bit surprised to see that Airtel (India's foremost telecom operator) has now ventured into website hosting business! Look here: Airtel Choose from over 15,000 High quality Template Possibilities Get...