Got placed in Cognizant - Please answer following questions

hello sir, I got placed in Cognizant last month through on campus drive. as I have no experience working in an IT sector I have so many questions. It would very thankful if you help me clearing my doubts..
1. how the training domain will be assigned to me?
2. Will the company give me any choice of what i'm gonna trained, or they just randomly assign me to any training subject??
3. i'm pursuing my b.tech from IT, is there any chance that i can join as a developer ?
4. how do i understand which project is better for me as currently i have no idea about the projects and all?
all i need a guide from you before taking 1st step to cognizant.
thank you..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think someone who's working with Cognizant or has had past experience with Cognizant will be in a better position to answer.

Anyone?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I joined as a fresher in Cognizant in 2006 and worked there till 2009. Here is my experience.

1. how the training domain will be assigned to me?
    Ideally the people from Computer science and IT background and also from good colleges are assigned to Development domain. It can be anything.
    2. Will the company give me any choice of what i'm gonna trained, or they just randomly assign me to any training subject??
    I think there is a less chance to make a choice there! but believe me, if you are highly interested in some domain then you can go and talk and they (Training group) are very friendly and they will help you. But make sure you talk at the beginning i mean whenever you are called to join -in.
    3. i'm pursuing my b.tech from IT, is there any chance that i can join as a developer ?
    Answer - 1, should help you.
    4. how do i understand which project is better for me as currently i have no idea about the projects and all?
    all i need a guide from you before taking 1st step to cognizant.
    thank you..
    Which project is better for you and you dont have any idea on projects, true. This is something new that we will face and think about it, if its development in any technology you code, if its testing you do testing.
    The process they follow, the tools they use we dont know before we join and it doesnt matter.

And Lastly, Congratulations for getting placed in Cognizant.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Born and raised in Bangalore, Sudhi Seshachala grew up in Koramangala, the startup capital of Bangalore. Sudhi hails from a conservative middle class south Indian family. His dad is a...
As we all know Hollywood make movies which are most valid to science but after watching Ant Man, here concept of reducing interatomic spaces between atoms is used to shrink...
Hi everyone, I'm Anil, I completed my B.com from Bangalore University, Now a days I'm interested to become a software so how to start my career please assist me.
egazette.nic.in is the official portal for the gazette of India in digital form. The government of India has taken an absolutely brilliant step towards its mission to make 'Digital India'...
India's second largest telecom operator, Vodafone has announced plans to launch its 4G services in Mumbai by December 2015. Vodafone has been investing in setting up 4G infrastructure and has...