Google Valentine Day Easter Egg: Algebraic Equation!

If you want to impress your friends with your Google search abilities; enter the following search query in Google search bar and hit enter.

sqrt(cos(x))*cos(300x)+sqrt(abs(x))-0.7)*(4-x*x)^0.01, sqrt(6-x^2), -sqrt(6-x^2) from -4.5 to 4.5
โ˜• What gives?

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Valentine Day does not exist for year 2012!

Want proof?

Here: 14-02-12 = 0

๐Ÿ˜
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    This one looks better:
    Copy n paste in google

sqrt(cos(x))*cos(180x)+sqrt(abs(x))-0.7)*(4-x*x)^0.01, sqrt(6-x^2), -sqrt(6-x^2) from -4 to 4

hit enter
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The_Big_K
    If you want to impress your friends with your Google search abilities; enter the following search query in Google search bar and hit enter.

sqrt(cos(x))*cos(300x)+sqrt(abs(x))-0.7)*(4-x*x)^0.01, sqrt(6-x^2), -sqrt(6-x^2) from -4.5 to 4.5
    โ˜• What gives?
    There is warning in your code: The function might not be plotted correctly. ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    There is warning in your code: The function might not be plotted correctly. ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜
    Looks like you didn't copy the complete code (there's a horizontal scrollbar). Or maybe Google doesn't heart you? ๐Ÿ˜’

Kidding!
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    ianoop
    This one looks better:
    Copy n paste in google

sqrt(cos(x))*cos(180x)+sqrt(abs(x))-0.7)*(4-x*x)^0.01, sqrt(6-x^2), -sqrt(6-x^2) from -4 to 4

hit enter
    This is kinda corrugated! Biggie's one was the BEST! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    When I saw it at first I wracked my brains over how the plot is 'shaded'. Because by definition a function is such that for a particular value of x , there is only one value of y.

But I noticed that the image is a very zoomed out version of the plot. If you zoom in it has got closely spaced sine-like curve. The zoomed-out version of the plot & the closely-spaced zero crossings give an impression of 'shaded' region. So it is indeed a function with each value of x having at most one value of y.

Nice job.

2012-02-10-142710_1366x768_scrot2012-02-10-142719_1366x768_scrot2012-02-10-142725_1366x768_scrot2012-02-10-142730_1366x768_scrot

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name:Aswath Engineering Trade: Electronics and communication Location: Madurai Occupation: Unemployed Work Experience: Working hard to fill this ๐Ÿ‘ Hobbies & Interests: Playing football , hanging out with my friends ,...
In the following video, you can see Mayor Mussatto on his YikeBike. Have a look - What do you guys think about this?
Times Of India reports that the investors of exclusively.in are forcing the sale; but aren't finding the buyers. What makes the news more interesting is that Flipkart recently bought the...
The all time favourite 'Titanic' by one of the world's most loved director James Cameroon is back to the silver screen. But this time in Three Dimensions!!! The movie is...
Here is the link to the Interview - Kunwer Sachdev โ€“ Revolutionizing The Inverter Industry With Su-Kam