Google HotPot Recommendations powered by you and your friends

This is the official news from the Google Community Blog:

There’s something so exciting about discovering new places. Nothing beats finding a great new place I’ve never been—whether it’s a new bakery with a special dessert, a hole-in-the-wall Mediterranean place I didn’t notice before or a local art gallery where I can let my imagination roam free.

The challenge with finding those great places is that each of us has different tastes. I want to find places I like and I want to find them quickly. So when I’m overwhelmed with possibilities, I turn to sources I can trust. For example, if I’m in a new city, I might chat with the concierge at my hotel and explain to him the kinds of places I like so he can give me personalized recommendations, or I’ll ask my friends for local recommendations because I value their opinions and we have similar tastes. But finding trusted advice is hard; wouldn’t it be great if there was a way for me to get these recommendations all the time, everywhere I go?

We are trying to do exactly that, and today we’re excited to share the first step: an early release of #-Link-Snipped-# - a local recommendation engine powered by you and your friends.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a new member here. Glad to be a part of this site. Let me have a brief introduction of myself. I am an English lover, so I learned...
IOBIT has released the Game Booster Vs - a free software that enhances your PC gaming experience. It does the job by shutting down unwanted background processes and services so...
Hello All, I am new to this forum and I need help. Can someone please explain in simple words the adaptive filter process in MATLAB.. I know the theory but...
Hi i am a Masters student in USA ... i am working on my thesis which is on computing Guard band for Interference ... i am unable to find the...
hello friend's, Just have some read about about character and bit oriented protocol.I seen that flag is added to separate one frame from the next.But i didn't able to find...