Google Glass Will Be Available With Prescription Lens.

Google recently announced a partnership with a vision care giant VSP Global to offer prescription lenses for its Android powered glasses. The main goal behind this partnership is to make Google Glass available for the potential users that today wear prescription eyewear. Statistically, there are 110 million users in United States that currently wear prescription eyewear, and Google can't afford neglecting 110 million users.So, partnership with giant eyewear company like VSP Global with network of 30,000 eye doctors appears to be a good fit.

slide

Google Glass with prescription lens will assure that no prescription eyewear users have to awkwardly mount Google Glass on their eyewear to enjoy it. The similar complaint still exist in 3D TV which requires to wear 3D Glasses on prescription eye wear, it is a problem which is yet not resolved. Google Glass, which so far available only to few selected developers, is likely to hit the consumer market with price tag of $1,500 by December of 2014.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
    This is very short news, I am not satisfied.

Somebody, kindly cover news of Google Glass which is related to this article : Google Glass just got a lot less geeky | The Verge & merge this article in yours if you like. Else delete it.
    I have college work pending, else I would've covered it.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Looks like it is now quite old. You can convert it into a normal discussion if that's the case.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass... its about learning to dance in the rain! - Vivian Green ​ Planning about retirement is never easy and the more...
i have joined one software testing course in order to get placed in a company as i m a fresher.....kindly tell me m i going in a right direction.....
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish. Time will pass anyway. - Earl Nightingale ​ Goals can be prioritized according to...
Hello, from past 1week i have been study nodejs, to develop a real-time Dashboard. Requirement is : When ever there is a change(update, insert,..etc) in the database, dashboard should display...
Menthal is the name of a new app on Android that lets the user keep a track on his or her usage of the smartphone. Developed by a team of...