Google Acquires Spider.io To Battle Online Ad Frauds

Acquisitions are becoming a trend these days. After the huge raves that Facebook-Whatsapp acquisition happened, the search-giant Google has acquired London-based startup company Spider.io to spot and stop online advertising frauds. DoubleClick, Google’s unit which develops targeted ads has shared that it is buying Spider.io for its technology to handle Ad frauds that are becoming very common these days. Spider.io is a three-year old startup company that will help Google identify bad behavior in video and display ads on the web to understand more accurately - what is and what isn’t succeeding.

The details of the deal were not disclosed but the British-based company has some impressive talents, including three PhDs, an ex-Yahoo expert and an artificial language expert to match Google’s ranks. Neal Mohan, at Google’s DoubleClick said that if marketers can buy media online and are confident that their ads are reaching people then this vibrant ecosystem of advertising will flourish. With this acquisition, Google wants to weed out fraud ads and improve the digital ecosystem. He further added that Google’s immediate priority is to include fraud detection technology in videos and display ads products.

google_buys_spider.io
This move will help Google combat click frauds where people with the use of automatic programs increase the number of likes on an ad to generate big revenues. The startup’s technology is specifically designed to detect attacks infected by malware. Many times, criminals hack computers, place a huge volume of ad requests and defraud online advertisers with millions of dollars. Therefore, this seems like good move from Google to handle such ad frauds.

Let us know your views on this in comments.

Source: Google Acquires Spider.io To Help Spot And Stop Online Ad Fraud • TechCrunch

Replies

• Madhava Verma Dantuluri
    Madhava Verma Dantuluri
    Finally google is attacking it.
  • Chirayu Samarth
    Chirayu Samarth
    Yes...
    And I think it will surely be beneficial for everybody...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In a world that is trying to be more and more connected to real people, an app on iOS called Secret has been trying to give a boost to anonymity....
Engineers from multiple universities have come together to develop a practical and promising solution to the problem of charging our smartphones while on the run, even when you forgot to...
Can i learn C++ over C
Chinese smartphone maker Gionee has revealed their new smartphone Gionee Elife S5.5. This is considered to be world’s slimmest smartphone having thickness of just 5.5 mm. Gionee Elife S5.5 leaves...
Continuing my series of weekend debates, I present you another topic to put some thought into. Since it was a weekend I decided to indulge myself with my favorite dish...