Give me a bird's eye view of MVC architecture

Can someone give me a bird's eye view of the MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture typically used in software design? I've been looking for simpler definitions online but looks like people need large paragraphs of text to explain it.

Would appreciate a brief, to-the-point explanation.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    View : front page, it just recieve the data from backend and show it.
    Controller: only redirect which request should go, a router between view and model which manages session also.
    Model: recieve *commands* from view, what to do,implement besiness logic, communicate to database.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks, #-Link-Snipped-#
  • sookie
    sookie
    ianoop
    Model: recieve *commands* from view, what to do,implement besiness logic, communicate to database.
    Correction here according to me(Please correct me if wrong!)
    Model do not receive any commands from view. It just consists of data fetched from database or from view. For e.g If you have a Form type page then data user enters in the page is binded in the request and sent to the database in the form of a Model and similarly if I have a page that display's users details from the database then these details are fetched from the database and sent to the "View" as a "Model". Hence in short "Model" is just an entity that represents the data.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Yes, the model didn't recieves commands from view. I was meaning that, it implements business logic what a user wants, models data and respond.
    the main purpose of MVC is saparating layers of presentation layer , controller layer and implementation layer.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks, that makes more sense now.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I think we discussed this before but it won't hurt to repeat. Lot of people use the word 'softwares' to describe multiple number of software products / suits installed on...
Name: Yousf Akhtar *Engineering Trade: Electronic Engineer Location: Lancashire, UK *Occupation: (Student & Working) I am currently studying for a BEng in Electronic Engineering as well as working for BAE...
Engineers at Italian Institute Of Technology aka IIT have designed and developed Hydraulic Quadruped robot (HyQ for short). The video is quite impressive, yeah?
Honda's a well known name in the world of robotics and engineering. The company famous for the ASIMO robots has just released an evolved version of U3-X mobility device named...
Nokia India has just announced two entry-level Dual-SIM phones, Nokia 110 and Nokia 112. The phones are priced at Rs. 2400 and Rs. 2600 respectively which should make it very...