GenZe, Mahindra India's Electric Scooter Launching In USA With Price Tag Of $3000

Mahindra India is all set to launch their electric scooter, GenZe in the United States in the next few weeks. The GenZe was unveiled in September last year and the engineering team at company's office in Palo Alto is readying the scooter for the launch. The bike will roll out with $3000 price tag and a promise to solve the transportation problems in the crowded cities to some extent. Being compact in size you won't have to struggle for the parking space. The GenZe scooter is going to be first of its kind delivery from Mahindra which already is a big brand in automobile manufacturing in India.

Mahindra-Slide-Scooter

The scooter itself is a simple looking motorcycle. Though I'm not impressed by the looks, Mahindra's design seems to be oriented towards making it a high-utility vehicle. There's a generous amount of space behind the rider to carry your laundry, groceries, books, backpack etc. Below the seat, you'll get space to carry a phone or a tablet along with a USB connection to charge it throughout your ride. The regular speedometer has been replaced with a weatherproof touch-screen interface. The display is bluetooth-enabled and capable of showing battery status, overall range you can expect from the remaining charge, diagnostic information about the vehicle and GPS information, of course.

The scooter has been designed to deliver a range of about 50 Km (~31 miles) at a top speed of about 50 Kmph. A 1.4W (1.8 Bhp) electric motor drives the scooter deriving power from an Li-Ion power module (battery+controller+charger). Mahindra says that the scooter will be made in the USA and those of you planning to buy it should register on the official website (check source below).

Mahindra-GenZe

We also learn that Mahindra is working on a similar electric scooter for Indian markets and Mahindra's team is working on prototypes at company's R&D center in Pune. It'd be a while before we see what Mahindra plans for India. At the same time, rumors indicate at a possible EV coming out from the TVS Motor Company. No further information is available as of now; but we promise to keep you updated.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | Official Website: Home | GenZe

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Looks dont promise but the onboard display system looks impressive .100 marks for that innovation of charging gadget during travel .
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    I also do not like the looks of the GenZe, the body work looks futuristic but the headlight is a big letdown. It has bigger wheels as compared to generic Indian scooters and the addition of disk brake on a vehicle that has a top speed of 50kmph seems unnecessary.
    Finally I want to know more about the charging times. Charging times of electric vehicles have permanently been a bottleneck preventing their widespread acceptance in the real world.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    +1 for the design from my side too.
    Let us hope that they update the official website with detailed specifications list.
    Charging time is the biggest concern.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian Institute of Technology (IIT-Delhi) is all set to exhibit its annual event 'OPEN HOUSE 2014' scheduled on Saturday,April 19 2014 in IIT Delhi premises.This is its 10th Edition. Its...
Bitcoin is always there in news, but RBI doesn't have shown any clear news regarding the same. Last year in December they said to be uncertain about it. See this.....
I am currently studying feature detectors and descriptors, and when reading about SURF, I read that it uses box filters and applies them to integral images. What exactly are box...
Corning has announced the availability of USB 3.0 Optical Cables. While the topic of cables is usually boring for many of us, the latest offering from Corning should definitely get...
guys i need an advice on choosing a project topic and probably a list of topics would help in these areas. 1. ethical hacking 2. data mining 3.internet security 4....