General Help + In-Focus + Chit-Chat = "The Café"

It was a high time that we took a relook at the way CrazyEngineers Community is organised. We've merged-
  • General Help Section
  • In-Focus (News Discussion)
  • Chit-Chat Section
all in one section called 'The Cafe'. The idea is that these are all generic discussions and there's no point that we have different sections for them.

We'll continue to make a few changes over the next few days. If you have suggestions or feedback, please feel free to comment below.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The upcoming series of articles in 'The Cafe' shall be awesome-sauce.
    Keep a watch.
    You can blog about anything you want in the Cafe too! 😀

We are all eyes!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    But a separate one for infocus would be great?
    To be honest i want to convey my view on news infocus .During early days i had checked infocus section but it was near hibernation with limited posts.So it would be great if you promote good posts to homepage wall.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    But a separate one for infocus would be great?
    We want the Cafe to have all the non-chatter discussions too; and that's the reason we've kept the section very generic. If you want to share a casual news; please share it in the Cafe.
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We want the Cafe to have all the non-chatter discussions too; and that's the reason we've kept the section very generic. If you want to share a casual news; please share it in the Cafe.
    So cool
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Member Introductions? - Call it 'The Lounge'
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anoop Mathew
    Member Introductions? - Call it 'The Lounge'
    I think we'll keep the Member Introductions as a separate forum; with the Know Your CEan as a sub-forum (or a thread prefix). The Site Related Questions and Answers section is likely to be merged with the Cafe; or it'l be brought up in the hierarchy.

I hope we'll be able to roll out a few changes over the weekend.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think we'll keep the Member Introductions as a separate forum; with the Know Your CEan as a sub-forum (or a thread prefix). The Site Related Questions and Answers section is likely to be merged with the Cafe; or it'l be brought up in the hierarchy.

I hope we'll be able to roll out a few changes over the weekend.
    I am sorry, I didn't make myself clear earlier. What I was suggesting earlier was supposed to mean like this:

1. Rename 'Member Introductions + KYCEan+Site Related Q & A' to 'The Lounge - Get to know CE' under 'CE: Headquarters'

2. Rename 'CE: Lounge' to something else.
    Eg: 'CE: Cafe' - that looks ideal but you've to rename 'The Cafe - General Discussions on Everything' to something else.

Right now there is also a repitition:
    'CE: General Discussions' and 'The Cafe - General Discussions on Everything'

P.S.: I might be totally wrong. It's just a humble suggestion. 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nope, there's no wrong suggestion. The only thing is we must do the restructuring step-by-step. The first phase was to combine the old sections. The further restructuring will be done today. We don't want the lounge to be at the top of the site. But I agree that there's a repetition of names on the site, let's fix that up first.
  • princess_priiya
    princess_priiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It was a high time that we took a relook at the way CrazyEngineers Community is organised. We've merged-
    • General Help Section
    • In-Focus (News Discussion)
    • Chit-Chat Section
    all in one section called 'The Cafe'. The idea is that these are all generic discussions and there's no point that we have different sections for them.

We'll continue to make a few changes over the next few days. If you have suggestions or feedback, please feel free to comment below.
    Hey sir if we have good Articles to share about Science, engineering and technology.. where should we post them and how????????
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    princess_priiya
    Hey sir if we have good Articles to share about Science, engineering and technology.. where should we post them and how????????
    Instead of copying the entire article here there are two choices you have-
    • Write the summary of the article in your own words; without copy-pasting it from the source; offer your own views, thoughts with it. This is the recommended way. But make sure that the articles does not already exist.
    • Simply provide a link to the article and write 2-3 lines about your own thoughts, views etc.
    We encourage everyone to share their own views instead of passing on someone else's efforts as our own.
  • princess_priiya
    princess_priiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Instead of copying the entire article here there are two choices you have-
    • Write the summary of the article in your own words; without copy-pasting it from the source; offer your own views, thoughts with it. This is the recommended way. But make sure that the articles does not already exist.
    • Simply provide a link to the article and write 2-3 lines about your own thoughts, views etc.
    We encourage everyone to share their own views instead of passing on someone else's efforts as our own.
    okies sir ... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have some basic knowledge of programming and software development concepts. I completed my B. tech in 2013 and still I don’t have a job. A friend has suggested me...
Best known as the World Wide Web (WWW) for Robots, RoboEarth is a huge network and database that lets lets robots share data with each other and learn from each...
Name: Megha *Engineering Trade: Mechanical- mighty mech! Location: Hyd *Occupation: (Student|Working|Self-Employed|Unemployed) Worked with IT, working to find a better fit Work Experience: ~ 4 years *Hobbies & Interests: I like...
I gather from some of the posts I have seen here, that many CEan's have taken up to building pet projects or copied some other interesting ideas. To encourage more...
Hi CE'ans. Can any one explain me What exactly is the online digital Marketing ? Any Good online resource for get trained on this. Many Thanks Madhu