CrazyEngineers
  • Yesterday when i was in class on "vehicle body engineering" my sir explained on the advantage of having engine at front .The question i have is that we had discussed a lot about future use of graphene and carbyne in automobile sector and what is the possibility of using graphene/carbyne in body building.Is it better than carbon fibre frames?

Info for sharing with CEans:
    My sir had also stated that car having engine at front has less distance for front structure to crumple than rear placed engine.So it is better to use engine at front.A car having engine at front has better collision withstanding tendency.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 27, 2013

Main reason you can also justify for better collision is that all the weight is at the front. So the momentum of impact is balanced. But if the engine is not in the front, do you think it will boost the performance? If yes, then we can think of some other ways of safety applications
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberAug 27, 2013

Today I had watched Tata nano's megafactories which inspired me and answered a lot of questions of mine.Tata nano has engine at rear and they state that It gives us more crumple zonal area.So its quite confusing though.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register