Functional Testing : Startup, Tools And Tips

Let's Discuss Functional testing here.

Functional testing is all about functionality of the software. Like in login page, user name text box is accepting correct text, accepting text of the range which was given by the developers, giving appropriate error if user name is incorrect. etc etc.

In practical, it's easy but you need to thing beyond your limits to find bugs. Also, if the page contains large no. of text boxes like registration page then in manual testing, you need to check the page by no. of times.

What do you wanna say about this? Please share about tools. Being a newbie in testing, i am not aware of tools 😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wonder there are any 'tools' for Functional testing done 'manually'. Of course there are automation tools, but would that still be a part of this discussion?

Functional testing, as far as I know, is about making sure that the system functions as described in the specifications. That would apply to all the parts of the system being tested.
  • monujatt
    monujatt
    Functional testing we can say is end to end testing of the application and there are many tools available in market for automation perspective(like selenium...)
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    For the question Pushkar asked, here is what I can tell you.

You dont need any tools for functional manual testing , but if you have many text boxes to be filled and tested with random data then a small code in vbscript will help.

For example if you have a date field which has to accept date in many formats you dont have to manually type but write a program in vbscript so that it generates you all the input data required.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    English-Scared
    For the question Pushkar asked, here is what I can tell you.

You dont need any tools for functional manual testing , but if you have many text boxes to be filled and tested with random data then a small code in vbscript will help.

For example if you have a date field which has to accept date in many formats you dont have to manually type but write a program in vbscript so that it generates you all the input data required.
    Nice. Yeah, i also would like to learn these vbscipts to make my work easier. Please share more about this 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends its my final year and i want to built and email system for blind people .So i need your help guys 😀
Hi guys.........I am Muthu Lakshmanan, Mechanical Engineer from Ranipet, Tamil Nadu. I am working as Methoding Trainee in MANOIR STEELS. I am a voracious reader and movie buff. My aim...
*#*#4636#*#* Phone information Battery information Battery history ... Usage statistics *2767*3855# Format Android Phone *#*#34971539#*#* Phone Camera Update *#*#273283*255*663282*#*#* File Copy for Creating Backup *#*#197328640#*#* Service Mode *#*#0*#*#* LCD test

hi

HI in college they told to prepare some mini project, i am a Electrical and Electronics student so please give me some idea for my project.....
Is this a mosquito? No. It's an insect spy drone for urban areas, already in production, funded by the US Government. It can be remotely controlled and is equipped with...