by the US Government. It can be
remotely controlled and is equipped
with a camera and a microphone.
It can land on you, and it may have the
potential to take a DNA sample or leave
RFID tracking nanotechnology on your
skin. It can fly through an open
window, or it can attach to your
clothing until you take it in your home. I came across this while skimming through the amazing facts column in facebook..! Does this actually exist?? CEans..! What potential threats does it have??? 😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure whether the above photo is real. But I'd believe it's true. US government funds such projects and so do many corporations. I've seen a ton of innovations come out of Government's military programs.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    Can't it be used for spying and stuffs?? China(if aware) would have finished their counterpart of this technology by now..! So,they have a grudge towards us already..! can it be used for destructive purposes??
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Insect bots are becoming a common with the advanced robotics research in place.
    Check these for instance -
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    oh gosh, these insects can be easily equipped with poisonous substances which could be easily injected into our body causing instant death..! don;t people realize that designing these things may lead to destruction??
    #-Link-Snipped-# sir, i want your word on this pls..! 😀
    Regards..!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Humans have a great propensity for self destruction. Otherwise, why should US develop and drop nuclear bombs, drone fighter planes, biological warfare weapons and God knows what other horrors?
    Insect bots are a reality. They can certainly inject a killer poison, which will kill only one person, or inject a virus or bacteria that can devastate a neighbourhood.
    Let us face it. Designing a mosquito like the one posted is a fascinating engineering exercise. How such innovations are used in the hands of political powers that be.
    There is a story about the great Mathematician Norbert Weiner, father of cybernetics. It seems that the designers of the atom bomb were stuck with the solution of some equations crucial to the design. When approached, Norbert Weiner is supposed to have told them that he had the solution but would not give them the solution as he was against the bomb.
    Not all of us are like that.
  • jishnu nair
    jishnu nair
    the u.s is believed to be doing research which is far far ahead of any damn country,...they ARE pioneers in artificial intelligence and security systems...guys what is ur take on the artificial intelligence and security systems??are we doing enough research...should a special commitee should be brought about in this field so as too boost indias security system????
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    jishnu nair
    the u.s is believed to be doing research which is far far ahead of any damn country,...they ARE pioneers in artificial intelligence and security systems...guys what is ur take on the artificial intelligence and security systems??are we doing enough research...should a special commitee should be brought about in this field so as too boost indias security system????
    Indian security is pathetic. The government is busy distributing free cell phones. Pakistan is able to dig 400 meters into Indian territory without our knowing anything about it. It was only when rains caused a cave in that we knew about the tunnels. May be we will get an SMS on the free cell phones about this.
  • jishnu nair
    jishnu nair
    bioramani
    Indian security is pathetic. The government is busy distributing free cell phones. Pakistan is able to dig 400 meters into Indian territory without our knowing anything about it. It was only when rains caused a cave in that we knew about the tunnels. May be we will get an SMS on the free cell phones about this.
    sir so do u think we should invest more in this type of research than wasting money on hosting games?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Yes we should. Our technical people have the competence. What is lacking is the political will.
    Onnum cheyyam padilla. Nothing can be done.
    We do have a department under the defence ministry for this.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

in locomotive earthing is done by rotor but current is not flowing through whole body of locomotive how it can be done
DODZI JOSEPH IS MY NAME AND WHISH TO BE A CIVIL ENGINEERING AND I JUST COMPLETED A CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN COURSE I FOUND OUT OF THIS SITE HOPED TO GET SENOIR...
i am studying chemical engineering in school in university of lagos how do i apply to mit to futher my studies and what are the requirement
Yogeshwar Dutt, India - wins the Bronze medal in men's 60 Kg Free style Wrestling. After losing his quarter final bout, he won three bouts in repchage to wins the...
bioramni please what do you need be a good chemical engineering