Friends To Help You Against Bullying And Abuse On Facebook

After adding the #-Link-Snipped-# recently on its website, Facebook now has added another feature concerning the safety of its users! The new option allows you to report against “bullying and abuse” to your trusted friend and also to the site moderators.

If someone is bullying you on Facebook, you can go to that person’s profile and click on “Report/block this person” at the left bottom corner of his profile page. Then, it asks you the reason for doing so and you have four options if the person is your friend and five if he isn’t!  The last option is “This person is bullying or harassing me”. Select that option and continue.

[​IMG]

The change is the new option which allows you to report about it to your friend. According to Facebook's director of European policy, Richard Allan, reporting the matter to a friend is the best way to sort out such matters. In case the matter is serious, Facebook can put the concerned victim of abuse in contact with the police.

The changes were revealed at an anti-bullying conference hosted by US President Obama and his wife Michelle at the White House. Facebook said that the system was designed to help people solve online problems "face to face".

Facebook has also made many changes in its safety center including simplification of language and improving its guides for adults and young people.

Facebook has always been under fire for responding slowly against such reports. With the ever growing number of users on Facebook, which has crossed the 500 million mark, insufficient number of moderators could be the issue. Facebook has never revealed the number of moderators it has appointed for such cases.

But its for sure that Facebook is quite concerned about its image and is committed in making proper additions/changes to help people. The team is leaving no stone unturned to stay at the top!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I still remember my childhood when I used to come running all over leaving everything else aside only to see a helicopter in the clear blue sky.The choppers have always...
America’s most traveled space shuttle, Discovery, had its final touchdown on Wednesday, 9th March 2011 when it landed at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. It was on its final...
Most of us know what a concept car is. Concept car is a prototype for showcasing new technology and/or a new look. It does not have any technical specifications but...
Hi friends, when I was really young I used to think “what must be the safest and accurate place to attack enemy on earth?”  That time I used to think...
Dr. Prem Kumar, a researcher at the Northwestern University and his team have succeeded in developing a new switching device which would make Quantum Communication possible. The device, is a ...