Friend says he's been diagnosed with Lung Cancer

I just had a call with a friend enquiring where he was for a long time. What he said was shocking and I really didn't know how to react or say. He said what was thought to be a lung infection turned out to be lung cancer; it's in the early stage and can be controlled.

I'm in a a state of shock. You never think cancer can happen to your or someone you know. I searched online whether cancer can be cure and found that it can only be controlled.

Just a reminder to everyone - life seems to be incredibly short.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    So enjoy every second........
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Makes us re-think our priorities.
  • lal
    lal
    I tried many million times to convience myself that cancer can be cured! I wish to believe so even though none of the numerous online resources I read claim that. It is very hard to digest.

I didn't know how to react when a loved one revealed that. Browsed through many forums. Still it was unclear how to react, how to support. Then I tried to visualise what the person was going through. We can never actually know how hard it is for them.

Never let them feel alone. But, don't make them suffocated with your care. If you do, they'd think they are under some heavy risk. Got to control ourselves first. Be normal to them. That is what I learnt is supportive.

Yes, it can be cured, still I believe.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I've this strange belief that with very strong will power coupled with Pranayam can produce astonishing results. There was this IIT KGP final year guy who cured himself from stage-II lever cancer by practicing Pranayam almost 8 hours daily. Watch this video -

There are cases of people who were given a 2 year ultimatum; but are going strong with all the reports normal even after 12 years.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Roku, the maker of popular set-top boxes, has officially launched an updated version of its Streaming Stick clearly aiming to take on its potential rival Google's Chromecast. It is a...
Abhijit Dey submitted a new project: LyfeLog - Social Network for Android (Coming soon to iOS) - Log your life. Connect with friends. Follow your passion... Like never before... LyfeLog...
Piaggio, the Italian automobile brand, has launched a brand new two-wheeler in India with 'Vespa S'. We believe that the S in name stands for its sporty styling. Oh well,...
Adobe has made its Revel photo-app available on Android which allows users to share and edit photos on their devices. The photo-editing app is meant for sharing, storing and managing...
There are many movies which have shown robots that can walk, talk and behave like a human being. Well, meet Charlie, a robot designed by Rajiv Khosla, an Indian Institute...