Frequency degradation

Whether frequency of a signal will reduce after travelling some distance?

Replies

• Joy Gracia
    Joy Gracia
    what u are trying to say by the word "reduce" whether change of frequency...?
  • Lovely Lavanya
    Lovely Lavanya
    Yes change in frequency,but lesser than the frequency of transmitted signal..
    For example, if v r sending a signal with freq of 10KHz.., and the signal is received at receiver which is located 10kms far from transmitter..,whether the frequency is less than 10KHz? (except noise and distortions)
  • shiwa436
    shiwa436
    no loss in frequency occurs while travelling. signal strength will be degraded
  • Lovely Lavanya
    Lovely Lavanya
    that means amplitude will be degraded ri8?
    but in RADAR application, high frequency RF signal will be sent and the received signal will be with very less frequency.How it is possible?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Radar works on Principle of scattering of Radio Waves.

You must know that there will be shifting in frequency only due to moving objects reflecting the Radio waves.

So if scattering occurs by moving objects frequency gets either increased or decreased. If object moves away or towards the RADAR there is a shift in frequency due to Doppler Effect
  • shiwa436
    shiwa436
    minor shifts in frequency occurs due to doppler effect.. and Radars equation deals with frequency scattered by moving objects.... see wiki pedia for more info on radars...
  • ManojKiran Eda
    ManojKiran Eda
    Lovely Lavanya
    that means amplitude will be degraded ri8?
    but in RADAR application, high frequency RF signal will be sent and the received signal will be with very less frequency.How it is possible?
    Consider a simple example:

An police car with a ringing siren makes a sound with a particular frequency - the same frequency for all, whether the car is moving or not. Let's say the sound's frequency is 620 Hz. So that's the actual frequency.
    Now let us think that you're sitting at that a bus stop, and the car is speeding towards you at 20 miles per hour. The sound waves emitted from the vehicle's siren are bunched up in front of it, because of its movement through space. The air compressions are closer together. So, when the sound waves hit you, you perceive a frequency that is higher than the actual frequency, maybe around 640 Hz.
    Similar case if it is moving away..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my dear friends , i need a solution for one project AT89C52 controller based gaming machine ,actually after completion of game only ticket counter should increment according to score taken...
Northwestern University researchers have come up with an innovative way of improving memory and treating memory impairments. This new method can be helpful for the treatment of ailments such as...
Finally got my internet back. Missed CE. 😐 I wanted to ask if anyone has heard about The Gate Academy? As I am thinking of joining some coaching institute for...
i just want to ask that why usually 32 bit processor or 64 bit processors are commonly available.what is the reason behind it.
Dear Sir, I am from Silicon Institute of Technology. We want to start a Biomedical Research Lab. We have a budget of 2.5Lakh. I need your suggestion for the equipments...