Forum Flames: Handling Issues & Fights With Forum Members

CEans,

As any community grows, it gathers members emotionally attached to it. Althought it's an incredibly good thing for any community - it often results in what's called forum 'flames'. Flames is a name to fights among members on the Internet. Flames result in members getting hurt and eventually quitting the community. No one wants such situation.

Even on CE, we've had forum flames. Sometimes openly, sometimes through PM or sometimes off the forum (through other means of communication like Facebook, twitter, email etc.). There are few things every online user must keep in mind, especially those who are on forums -

1. We gather here to do something constructive, to add value to our technical & non-technical knowledge and be a better person.
2. Everyone has their own point of view which may not always go with your line of thought.
3. Everyone has their own UNIQUE way of expressing themselves.
4. Everyone likes to be treated nicely and with respect.

With these points in mind - it is advised that no comment on any online community should be taken personally. Sarcasm often hurts people, so avoid it. If you do not agree with anyone's thought - do not say he/she is wrong. We are not here to tune the world to our thoughts. Most importantly, learn to ignore and move forward.

Issued in Public Interest. ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    If you do not agree with anyone's thought - do not say he/she is wrong. We are not here to tune the world to our thoughts. Most importantly, learn to ignore and move forward.
    I like this ๐Ÿ˜€

The_Big_K
    Even on CE, we've had forum flames. Sometimes openly, sometimes through PM or sometimes off the forum (through other means of communication like Facebook, twitter, email etc.). There are few things every online user must keep in mind, especially those who are on forums -
    And I don't like this ๐Ÿ˜”

The_Big_K
    1. We gather here to do something constructive, to add value to our technical & non-technical knowledge and be a better person.
    2. Everyone has their own point of view which may not always go with your line of thought.
    3. Everyone has their own UNIQUE way of expressing themselves.
    4. Everyone likes to be treated nicely and with respect.
    Very Nicely Said!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Most importantly, learn to ignore and move
    This is the best way to stay away from useless fights. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Well Said Biggie.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This thread was the need of the hour. I hope everyone takes this positively and seriously. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I dearly miss couple of very active CEan's ๐Ÿ˜”

-CB
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    People get hurt easily when it is public, isn't it? Yeah, nice one Biggie!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ Liked the "Most importantly, learn to ignore and move" part! ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Friend i want do my project on this topic so I need some information about this topic..........plz send your suggestions and links as yearly as possible
Hi guys, As a part of a project work, i am supposed to detect the number of bluetooth devices switched on on a particular road by the people traveling through...
Twitter, the most popular micro blogging website has bought Tweet Deck for more than $40 million in a cash and stock deal as reported by CNN Money. For those who...
Google has short-listed 15 finalists that will fly to Google Headquarters in Mountain View, CA, to participate in the final judging round and awards ceremony on 11 July 2011. The...
Features of Kobo E Reader: Available Colors: Lilac, Blue, Silver and Black Wireless Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n Processor: Freescale 508 Processor Device Size: 114mm X 165mm Device Depth: 10mm Weight: 200g Diagonal...