Forms Of Energy Solar Energy Can Be Directly Converted To

Most of the projects or research, I believe has been aimed at improving the efficiency of conversion of solar energy to electrical (solar cells) or heat energy (solar heaters). I'm wondering what are the other forms of energy solar energy can be directly converted to? For example - think of a whacky idea where the solar energy is converted to sound energy? I might sound a little weird; but hey I'm a crazy engineer 😁

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    It did not sounded weird, but interesting (guess I am a CEan too 😁). One conversion can be solar to chemical energy, in solar rechargeable batteries (happens naturally in plants too).
    Solar to sound energy direct conversion will be difficult, although indirectly it can be done in many ways.
    One crazy Idea: Solar to geothermal energy conversion, big wells can be made and light can be focused to heat underground water, which will ultimately help colder regions to survive, could be infeasible but worth discussing 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Plants convert solar energy to food. Biotechnologists are already trying their hands at photosynthesis, which means less dependence on arable land, less water and shall we say more insipid food? I am sure some one will develop taste enhancers.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

How about mechanical energy? Solar Stirling engines are round the corner.
    Here is one going through the motions:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friend's As we know android rocks on mobiles and tablets. Some of my friend's are saying that android desktop version is coming and this time Microsoft finds a big...
By an official tweet ; samsung galaxy s4 is likely to be released on march 14.. here is a glimpse of s4
We, the students. People are allowed to make mistakes, but we aren't. Your comments?
As you people know, every Indian Parents wants their son to be an Engineer, every Indian parent wants their daughter to marry an engineer too. Isn't this foolish? There are...
how to get that equation ,pls help me to how to solve n get that equation.