Does android replace windows ?

Hello friend's
As we know android rocks on mobiles and tablets. Some of my friend's are saying that android desktop version is coming and this time Microsoft finds a big market competitor who can have the ability to beat them.
Is it right that ANDROID desktop version is coming ?
If it is are you going to give a try to it ?

Replies

• soni.sapan
    soni.sapan
    I think android device dont have the ability. As there are several securit issues may be reise with android. Android dont have much powerful firewall as microsoft provides & another crap thing about android is it take very long time to boot up. i think you are aware of it.I dont use android device but when my friends mobile switches off it take almost 3-4 mins to boot up & Windows 8 in my pc almost take 15 sec for boot up.
  • aniruddha47
    aniruddha47
    u r correct soon there will be a android for pc
    nice profile name bro
    • ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜
    • ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • seriously wats up with the quotes
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The mobiles and tablets are aiming to replace the desktops altogether. That means there won't be any real advantage Android will gain by becoming a deksop operating system. Google Chrome, is already being used on laptops and desktop machines as 'Chrome OS'.

But Android won't replace Windows. Windows is much more advanced operating system and is currently fighting Android on the mobile hardware quite effectively. A lot of people I know are adopting Windows 8 over Android.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    First of all,
    I don't understand the reason of comparing ARM-based OS with x86/x64 architecture OS.
    It's not like that I don't like Windows - I hate it,Period.
    But to be honest,I don't see any future of Android as Operating System even for ARM-based Notebooks.Chrome-book's killing 'em all !

The_Big_K
    Windows is much more advanced operating system and is currently fighting Android on the mobile hardware quite effectively. A lot of people I know are adopting Windows 8 over Android.
    The reason why they doing so is psychological.
    As we have seen that almost everyone got Android based phone, they wanna stand "unique" among others.They have mentality like "Everyone uses Android,I will buy something different".
    Symbian - Best but dead !
    Blackberry - Whack !
    Apple - Can't Afford !
    Android - Too much "common" !
    So, what's left ? The vacuum-cleaner product = Windows ! ha!

Tell 'em to buy Android phones,else when Ubuntu will officially release ROM for Android on October '13 & when they'll see how awesome the Canonical community is(which most people don't know about it), they gonna lose weight due to jealousy ๐Ÿ˜›
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    #-Link-Snipped-# thanks bro
    #-Link-Snipped-# I don't think In the case of ARM based devices window is going to beat android. And how it is there are many advantages for android over window open source, common for all the ARM based devices and so easily available in the market(in the case of window it's not it's unique for specific devices) etc.
    Troll_So_Hard
    I don't understand the reason of comparing ARM-based OS with x86/x64 architecture OS.
    Android is the new technology(linux kernal is comming with DVM) that is not tried on arch x86/64 which has faster processing power then ARM. So we just want to see that new thing(Android) on our desktop.
    [/quote]

I am a java developer and want to take the advantage of platform on which our applications are running.๐Ÿ˜€
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    Windows will always be at its place, people might be using android phones but wont switch to some other operating systems besides windows on pc which is user friendly so easily.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I love android because of its simple user interface.If Google can afford the same fast android means to pc I would like to make my hands over it.I trust windows will have a tough competition as multitasking becomes more smoother in android than windows.
    What's your say Sir(#-Link-Snipped-#).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Already commented above.
  • sookie
    sookie
    I guess in terms of Mobile OS , no one yet can beat android but yes android is not at all targeted for Windows.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Comparing android with windows phone OS is exactly like comparing Windows Desktop OS with Linux. They have different user pool. It all depends on taste. I use Windows on computer but android on phone. So It doesn't mean I will adopt linux on desktop or a windows phone. They have different markets.
  • mail154
    mail154
    Vacuum Cleaner Product ๐Ÿ‘€ ? I Don't think so
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    @#-Link-Snipped-# can you be specific not sure what you mean
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    I a having the view that Android is not able to replace the windows OS. The reason is that till now not much applications have been developed in android that can compete the software's available in Windows.
  • mail154
    mail154
    Jeffrey Samuel
    @#-Link-Snipped-# can you be specific not sure what you mean
    See Earlier Comments calling windows a vacuum cleaner product
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    no my friends windows is not replaceble android is fast but not secure as like windows and windows has very greater efficiency than android.
    if i am wrong pls correct me
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    yogi.bharadwaj
    no my friends windows is not replaceble android is fast but not secure as like windows and windows has very greater efficiency than android.
    if i am wrong pls correct me
    What exactly do you mean by efficiency of Windows?
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    efficiency means speed of boot up,speed of software using,broad range of software,and also firewall protection,so i think window is more usable than an android platform it is best for mobile tab but not for big use.
    if i am wrong pls correct me.
  • Alok mishra
    Alok mishra
    What takes down android before windows is 'security' otherwise android is good .
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Alok mishra
    What takes down android before windows is 'security' otherwise android is good .
    And on what basis you're saying Windows is more secure than Android ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

By an official tweet ; samsung galaxy s4 is likely to be released on march 14.. here is a glimpse of s4
We, the students. People are allowed to make mistakes, but we aren't. Your comments?
As you people know, every Indian Parents wants their son to be an Engineer, every Indian parent wants their daughter to marry an engineer too. Isn't this foolish? There are...
how to get that equation ,pls help me to how to solve n get that equation.
Quote: Read about 7 Awesome Engineering Inspirations Starting today and throughout Engineers Week, Knovel will highlight 7 inspirational solutions engineers have designed and built that are totally awesome! Read our...