Forget Linguistic Barriers With Samsung Real Translator

We all have, I am sure, faced difficulties in understanding the regional language when we go to some other state or country. In India itself, we have so many different languages that its almost impossible to learn all the languages and understand them.

If the whole world is taken into consideration, we stretch the impossibility to its limits! So wouldn’t it be awesome if there was a device to solve this? Samsung’s new REAL TRANSLATOR is a concept that hopes to resolve all the language barrier issues in the near future.

[​IMG]

In this concept, the device would interpret the voice of the guy you are talking to and evaluate what has been said. It would spontaneously translate those words to your language and display those on the screen made up of transparent AMOLEDs (Active Matrix Organic light emitting diodes).

All that you have to do is hold the transparent screen facing the subject and talk. It would automatically display a rough translation on the screen. This way, it hopes to make communication between people of different regions easier.
The concept is in its development stage. So we can’t be sure of how efficiently and correctly it would work. There are many other aspects that need to be taken into consideration and so there is still a tough task ahead. For example:

[*]Accent
    [*]Speed of speech
    [*]Surrounding noise etc.

But with Samsung Mobile Display claiming a mass production of this product in due time, we surely look forward to the future with delight!

So guys, its not far from now when you can go to Tamil Nadu or Kerala, Gujarat or West Bengal, France or Germany, anywhere in the world without facing any language barrier.  Mix up with the regional people, talk to them, share your thoughts with them. The future is amazing!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While I was going through one of the forums, I found out that someone had a difficulty in understanding how exactly a processor works as a multi-core processor. I will...
Maruti Suzuki has surpassed all the technological innovations by inventing a flying Maruti 800 car which will be featured at Aero India 2011. The fest will be commencing on 9th...
The current power scenario should be a matter of great concern to the future and present engineers. The consumer demands are increasing day by day and the rate of increase...
It looks like Research In Motion (RIM), the mobile manufacturing giant that manufactures Blackberry is not spending enough on its security measures. Crackberry, an online site unofficially meant for Blackberry...
Recently, Google demonstrated the newer version of the Android series, Android Honeycomb 3.0. The demo of the new OS was given on Motorola’s  Xoom tablet which is soon to be...