Firefox 4.0!! Not so far

Those waiting for Firefox 4, the upcoming latest and greatest browser from Mozilla, might not have to wait long. Speaking at Air Mozilla today, Mike Beltzner announced that Firefox 3.7 will become 4.0. The first alpha build of 3.7 was released on February 10.
With the switch, Mozilla will likely be much more able to meet its goal to release Firefox 4 in Q4 2010.

The biggest improvements coming in 3.7/4.0 is the Gecko 1.9.3 layout engine, which should bring improved support for new standards such as HTML5 and CSS3. In the vision outlined in a #-Link-Snipped-# corresponding with his announcement, Beltzner says the Firefox 4 will be "Powerful: enabling new open, standard Web technologies (HTML5 and beyond!)."

He also says that the new browser will be much faster – "super-duper fast", to be precise. The biggest speed improvement is the new JägerMonkey JavaScript engine, which speeds up repetitive scripts. Other speed improvements include 64-bit support, a streamlined main thread, and DOM improvements.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Oh Boy! I can't wait until Q4! 😐 I hope they fix the memory usage problem. Chrome and Opera are far better than FF at memory management.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yeah, I'm quite perplexed that the memory issue still persists.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    As per Firefox director Mike Beltzner,

Speed, power and user control are Mozilla's top three goals for Firefox 4, according to early product plans released Monday. Specifically, the browser will be fast -- "super-duper fast," according to Firefox director Mike Beltzner

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My friend showed me this 😀 https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18886-impossible-motion-trick-wins-illusion-contest.html
Peppermint OS, a lightweight distro based on Ubuntu, launched on Monday. "The decision was to concentrate on speed over everything else. Linux aficionados gained a new option Monday, thanks to...
Continue to my earlier posts on virtulaization, For the ones who are interested in Virtualaization in IT: Server virtualization has crossed the proverbial chasm. Not long ago, when deploying new...
why we need window function for filters in DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING?/
hi friend's in my room daily a discussion is going on the topic that which one is the best cricketer(except sachin tendulker) and on this topic daily a fighting is...