Final Year Project (Electricity Meter system)

Hi Guys!
I'm a final year Electronic Engineering student. I'm contemplating my final year project and have an idea to make an electronic Electricity Meter system, with an inbuilt automated reading system, maybe using GPRS. I've looked into building the actual metepart of the project and it seems very do-able using a PIC microcontroller, the rest might be a bit tricky, also, it might be a bit time consuming for a final year project.

Any input would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ooh, interesting idea bro.. so you'd use the GPRS to send data to your phone?
  • skinnie339
    skinnie339
    probably send data to a central comp which calculates price of electricity used etc.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm a EE major undergrad. Thinking of grad school in america. interested in vlsi. Any recommendations of good places? Esp. if you went there. Thank You. Edie
hi frieds, I am doing interfacing gsm modem with my com port through vc++ application. we have three majore function 1) check signal strength 2) read sms using at+cmgl="ALL" 3)...
๐Ÿ˜Hi.,,,CE's I am happy to join this group.. keep enjoying Devaraj SE,Chennai
can CE'ns tell me the difference between the fat, fat 32 and ntfs type of disk partitions?? i have no idea about them..
i hav xp sp2 operating system installed on my PC.. i installed IE7 yesterday.. after installatrion i gave command for restart.. windows booted nicely but give an error message.. desktop...