Few queries about CAT

Hi guys.. what's up??? 😛

I have few queries guys.. hope you all help me..

1) How to fetch call for PI/GD..?? Means they will check only CAT score or all acedmic score for GD/PI

2) Fresher or Work exp candidate would get the same Package or different from the same college..??

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    *pushkar*
    Hi guys.. what's up??? 😛

I have few queries guys.. hope you all help me..

1) How to fetch call for PI/GD..?? Means they will check only CAT score or all acedmic score for GD/PI

2) Fresher or Work exp candidate would get the same Package or different from the same college..??
    1. it depends on the B-School you are applying. every college emphasizes on both CAT score and acads. but the percentage alloted for the two will vary. some also give marks for PG, work exp, etc.
    depending on all that you'll be ranked and will get calls.

i don't understand the second question... are you asking about the pay we get after completion of the MBA?
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    CIVILPRINCESS
    1. it depends on the B-School you are applying. every college emphasizes on both CAT score and acads. but the percentage alloted for the two will vary. some also give marks for PG, work exp, etc.
    depending on all that you'll be ranked and will get calls.

i don't understand the second question... are you asking about the pay we get after completion of the MBA?
    Thanks for your help..

1) Actually last year one of my friend got 88% in CAT and applied for a good b-school and my another friend got 92% and got the call from that same b-school. but finally my friend who got 92% made it to final call. I think he had good % in cat was the reason that he got good overall score to made final call after GD/PI..

2) Yes i am asking about pay after completion of MBA.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    there would be some difference in the pay. they wouldn't mention it that way... but if you have experience the HR s would give you a better pay for the stuff you have 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *pushkar*

The key is to get a good percentile. If you wish to get a GD/PI call from IIMs, you need about 99 percentile + to get a call.

An experienced candidate usually gets more 'package' than a fresh graduate who enrolled for MBA program. However, it depends largly on the kind of work experience the candidate has had in past.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Thanks guys..

does graduation also matters in packages?? i.e. btech students get higher packages as compare to bsc, bca etc students

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello everybody, first of all let you know that recently nokia intelligent mobile packet core solution has been selected by five mobile operator in india.that is bharti airtel,datacom ,tata cellular,tata...
Good Day, Just want to ask some opinions from anyone that is well-versed in this topic. Currently, what is the most demanding/ popular topics (exp:Acid Gas Treatment, etc.) for Hysys...
i want coupling based metrics for measuring the quality of software project ms word documents
Hi guys, I have this project on scissors lift in my college. It need to be portable to certain extent and able to lift up load of up to 100...
I heard CMC comes mostly for Electronics & Computer Science Branches only. Here are its campus placement details: 1. Technical (50 Questions in 30 Minutes) 2. Aptitude (100 Questions in...