Ferrari World @ Abu Dhabi - Theme Park

Ferrari World Theme Park at Abu Dhabi is one of the places that's suddenly made to my 'must visit' places. The theme park is dedicated to 'Ferrari' and one of the major attractions is the 'Formula Rossa' rollar coaster - which is world's fastest! It lets you experience the Formula -1 acceleration; goes from 0 - 240 kmph in just 4 seconds. I just can imagine how it'd feel to be in the ride.

The construction of the project is also very interesting; give the shape of the dome they've constructed. Check out following photographs -

Source: Ferrari World Abu Dhabi - Ferrari Branded Theme Park

Screen Shot 2012-01-16 at 8.52.17 AMScreen Shot 2012-01-16 at 8.52.32 AMScreen Shot 2012-01-16 at 8.53.01 AMScreen Shot 2012-01-16 at 8.53.21 AMScreen Shot 2012-01-16 at 8.53.48 AM

Also check following fun facts about the construction site -

•The 86,000 sqm enclosed area of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi can fit 7 football fields in 'head to toe'.
•The total roof area of 200,000 sqm uses enough aluminum to cover 16,750 Ferraris, or if you laid the roof flat you could place 20,100 Ferrari's side by side and end to end.
•If Ferrari World Abu Dhabi was turned upright, it would be the tallest man made structure in the world at over 300 floors!
•The Ferrari logo on the roof, the largest ever created, measures an incredible 65m in length and covers an area of 3,000 sqm which could fit at least 7 basketball courts.
•The volume of concrete in Hoover Dam could fit inside Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
•100,000 cubic meters of concrete were used to pour the slabs of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, which is 10,000 cubic meters more than what was used for Wembley Stadium in London.
•Ferrari World Abu Dhabi has the largest space frame structure ever built with a total of approximately 172,000 members and 43,100 nodes.
•Ferrari World Abu Dhabi needed 12,370 tons of steel to create its structure; the Eiffel Tower only needed 7,000 tons.
•The gross footprint area of the plaza level is equivalent to approximately 15 American Football fields.
•The Empire State Building could be rebuilt in the same time it took to clad the 200,000 sqm of roof for Ferrari World Abu Dhabi; approximately 14 months.
•Formula Rossa, the world's fastest roller coaster, has the same G force one would feel driving in an F1 car and braking at maximum speed.
•Bell'Italia displays more than 40,000 hand-planted miniature trees.
•Ferrari World Abu Dhabi includes 1,200 dining seats – enough to feed the entire park at full capacity in 3 hours.
•Ferrari World Abu Dhabi will have for the first time under one roof Four Michelin star experienced Italian chefs.
•There is a total of 663 jelly palms surrounding the two coasters. Each palm produces 4 pounds of fruit.
•A football field needs 8,400 sqm of grass coverage; to cover the area around the roller coasters at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, 4.5 times that amount was used - approximately 39,000 sqm of ground cover.
Enjoy the ride:-

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It'd be nice to have some serious theme park engineering stuff here on CE 😀 . If you're not happy with the video above, check this out -

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    All the Civil & Structural Engineers in the world are dead or what? 😕
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    All the Civil & Structural Engineers in the world are dead or what? 😕
    Seriously, where are they!? 👀

Let's go on hunger strike 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Simply breathtaking! 😲
    I have to go and experience it NOW!
  • v.jain
    v.jain
    awesome!...thanks for sharing such info.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Woah!!! Superb... Wish I could go there... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

'Education' seems to be the new buzzword these days. Everyone's talking about transforming education and wondering how it can be changed. Lot of people have been advocating the use of...
This thread is dedicated for all who enjoy the taglines / punchlines and some who create their own. So you see these taglines on the Television or you read it...
i want to know what to do to analyse business after b.tech .Its because i found several students becomes B.A in some company and not in development field .What do...
The first UNESCO-certified festival in the country, Kurukshetra of College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, is to be held from February 1 to 4, 2012. Epitomizing its very tagline, “the...
Hey friends, We just put in a hot-water radient floor heat system. We need to insulate under the floor in the crawlspace. Contractor says use bats, plumber says use board-type...