Facility to upload resume

Can we provide facility to upload the CV at CE?

The rationale behind this idea is:
1. I saw a lot many queries from the job seekers.
2. A lot many collge crowd is there on CE, it may help them.
3. I am not sure if this can generate revenue for CE as well. (we may contact to some job portal for placments of our member. - Needs to discuss this with Biggi)

What we can do is, give an option to user to upload CV in his/her profile. User should have facility to select the option that his/her CV should be visible to all or not.

All the ideas and Biggi/Admins input are welcomed.

-CB

Replies

• just2rock
    just2rock
    yes why not...even i had thought of same...lets work on it!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great idea. There are multiple ways to go about implementing it.

1. We create a 'Resume' page on everyone's profile and ask people to update it with their own information. That way, they will be searchable on Google and hiring companies may get in touch with the members directly.

2. We may create a separate job portal under CE domain. We may charge the job seekers and employers a small yearly fee to interact with the potential hires.

However, I'm thinking this is a big project and we'll need our in house development team.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    One other suggestion is some anonymous surveys on job salaries, based on industry and location 😀
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Yes it is a good idea,

It may help a lot of people!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This indeed is a great idea.

But people if you want only comments on your resume then just copy paste your resume without contact details such that we can provide a better way to make the resume.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Hey, E-S you are taking it in a wrong way.

I have not suggested this idea to make CV better. I have made this thread to sugest how we can use CV in a better way? Job Seekers can upload the CV on web (CE) so that, Job portals / managers / companies can view their CV and can give them a call for interview.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazyboy
    Hey, E-S you are taking it in a wrong way.

I have not suggested this idea to make CV better. I have made this thread to sugest how we can use CV in a better way? Job Seekers can upload the CV on web (CE) so that, Job portals / managers / companies can view their CV and can give them a call for interview.

-CB
    The uploaded information can be misused.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    The uploaded information can be misused.
    How Job portals are maintaing this issue... there must be some way to keep these information safe,

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, the job portals sell people's personal information for lots of bucks! Its one of the big sources they make money from.

One way to deal with this issue is to make the information available to verified companies and shielding it from other users. Such a mechanism would take quite some time to build [few months].

Simpler way could be to let people update information in their profile which they feel comfortable sharing with others [like years of experience, skill-set etc.]
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Or what else we can do is:

1. provide access rights(to view CV) only to Portals / Companies. Also we can think of charging them.
    2. Do not give access rights to normal users...

I do not think this will take much devlopment efforts.. will it ??

-CB
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I will try my best not to let the important discussion to go into oblivion.

Any volunteer to take care of this project??

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, CE's growing rapidly & we need to make CE ready to handle higher traffic. CE is being moved to a powerful server and the migration is supposed to take...
how to boot operating system from pen drive?.... if anyone... sort it out.... 😕
Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 server, Windows Vista, Windows 2008 server and finally a newer edition of windows Window 7. You may like or hate...
Gigabit Ethernet and GPON Experience Enables Service Providers to Bring Advanced Voice, Data and Video Services to European Consumers SANTA BARBARA, Calif. and LONDON, United Kingdom – September 28, 2009...
hey i have a problem in my pc My standby icon in my windows are disabled it is not working i have also use google for this....but not satisfied ......