Facebook Learns From Google+ : Revises Privacy Settings!

Facebook has declared a major renovation of how users manage their privacy on the site. Every item posted online will have its own sharing settings, thus deciding who all can view them. This is the latest development by the social networking giant to give its users an easy and effective access to manage their personal information.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Earlier, Facebook was perceived flawed for apparent burial of privacy settings in hidden menus. From now onward, all posts will have their own distinct privacy settings. Now when users are tagged in a post, such as a photograph or video, they can decide whether to confirm or remove their tag before it is visible on their profile. It is expected that this development will end the problem of unwanted tagging, which is often used by cyber-outcasts who tag other people's names to unpleasant images/videos.

Other modifications include:

[*]Succeeding controls - Each post on a user's wall has characteristic privacy options, such as public, friends and custom.

#-Link-Snipped-#

[*]Tag Removal - The power to remove tags of self, request the person who tagged you to remove it, or even block the tagger.

[​IMG]

[*]Universal tagging - Users can tag anyone, not just Facebook friends. Other people can choose not to accept the tagged post on their profile.
    [*]Location tracking - Geographic locations can be provided in all versions of Facebook, not just mobile app
    [*]Profile view - the alternative to check how other users view your profile is added above the news feed

#-Link-Snipped-#

[*]Location tracking - Geographic locations can be provided in all versions of Facebook, not just on mobile app.

Chris Cox, Facebook's vice president of product, said that the arrival of another privacy review didn't imply that the old system was confusing. He told Facebook changes privacy options - BBC News, "I don't think the old controls were bad. I just think the new ones are much better. The goal is just to make [the settings] more inline and more immediate, just right there in the profile." "This change is really just about the people that are on Facebook today and the new users who just joined today and making it easier for them. This really is not in any way about the under-13 experience," said Cox, thus downplaying Zucherberg's claim that they were planning to let 13 year olds access this site.
The current users will not be experiencing any new privacy changes. The newbies should be checking their privacy setting once, as the default suggestion will be "public", where everyone can view your profile and your wall-posts. This new settings will be employed from 25th August. I can see some much needed relief on the "privacy-crazy" users. Go guys, enjoy! Facebook has got the thing for you! See you online!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Let me confess - I love Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. While I'm using one to type this post, I'm quite impressed by the looks of the new Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard...
Sony announced two new additions to the DSLR Alpha family - Sony A65 & A77. These two new models offer 24.3 mega pixel and 10- and 12- fps AF-enabled continuous...
Google is continuing its policy of slow up gradation of its recently launched social networking website Google+. The search engine is working on a widget which will help recent Google+...
With a growing and justified reasons by female athletes about the racing bikes, market forces are trying to design Female specific bikes to suit female body. Boardman's usual White colored...
I dread being online nowadays. You have to deal with so much of idiosyncrasies, you know. Every other Facebook user out there is craving for your 'likes' and 'comments' so...