Facebook Is The Top Company To Work For In 2012

Facebook employees are happy with their employer and have awarded the title of ' Glassdoor's Top Company To Work For In 2012' award to the company. FB took the crown from Google and also beat Apple by offering benefits, perks and work environment that no other company could offer. Facebook offers three meals every day, annual game day, medical and retirement benefits, on-site training & lectures along with great salary. You also get free laundry and leather repair on site. Facebook's been successful in building a strong entrepreneurial culture within the company which also offers great work-life balance for its employees.

Google had to settle down at #5 in the list and Apple is at #9. Surprisingly, Intel is down at #32 while Groupon is at #40. However, a gentle reminder for all the engineers who're willing to join these tech companies - it's very hard to get recruited in these top tech companies. They're known to prefer only the master computer scientists and coders who know and love what they're doing.

It's surprising that most of the top tech companies listed in Glassdoor's list are somehow related to computer software or hardware. I wonder why the traditional technology companies find it harder to be on people's preferred companies to work for. Does anyone know the reason? I'd also like to ask that as an engineer, which is your dream company to work for and why?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I recently used PayTm to recharge my mobile and here's a review of the service. I first used PayTm few months ago and at that time a recharge of Rs....
Google is working on Apple Siri competitor and is calling it 'Majel'. Apple recently shocked the world with the extra-awesome capabilities of voice enabled assistant in Apple iPhone 4S called...
If you really like the "watch thread" option on the revamped CE Forum & are addicted to alerts (like me ๐Ÿ˜ ) you would like to bother about how to...
The markets are open and the hardware is evolving at a faster rate than ever before. You might have used your Nokia rugged phone that did phone calls and texts...
Wikipedia says, Cloudflare is a CDN and distributed DNS service aimed at enhancing website performance and speed and providing security People say it gives resources to small sites that were...