Facebook Home to take over the mobile internet

All of use use FB right?

All the time right?

Well ... if their new product seems to deliver what it promises then the entire of the mobile internet will soon belong to Facebook!

Multiple stories going up on the internet at the time, I wonder if anyone has heard more on this.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    All of use use FB right?
    Nope. I don't. 😎

kidakaka
    All the time right?

Well ... if their new product seems to deliver what it promises then the entire of the mobile internet will soon belong to Facebook!

Multiple stories going up on the internet at the time, I wonder if anyone has heard more on this.
    The only 'important' thing I notice is that it essentially kicks out Google from their own home. Google's going to respond to that and since they control the platform I'm sure they'll make sure everything doesn't go into FB's hands.

I believe that FB's usage will decline over the time.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Well Google do not exactly control the platform ... they contribute to it. So unlike Facebook who nuke apps which compete with on the Facebook App market ... Google cannot do this .. since they do not have complete autonomy.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    That's pure evil genius! Now Google had to agree to launch HTC First (First phone to come with Facebook Home), coz FB hasnt removed anything basic like Google Play or hasnt changed anything that belongs to Google. They have just added another layer on the top of Android, and from what I have seen, its much more than just an app. FB doesnt need to a facebook phone, Facebook Home is going to do it for them. Only time can tell, how much FB is gonna benefit from it, but this is one brilliant move!
  • babumoshaaye
    babumoshaaye
    Replacing the home screen with Facebook Home wouldn't be quite popular since not not everyone uses Facebook to such an extent that they need to have a look at their timelines every now and then. And Facebook hasn't yet able to make a bug free Android app so not sure about Facebook Home.

Talking about Google, they are aiming to overtake the home screen already. If you look at JellyBean 4.2.2 the lock screen has Google Now. Later in Key Lime Pie I guess there would be more integration of all the Google Apps in the Home and lock screen!
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    If you look at JellyBean 4.2.2 the lock screen has Google Now
    That's customizable and one can remove google now or add another app shortcut there.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I created a power point presentation on Mac OSX, added it to my Dropbox and then downloaded it on my Windows 7 machine to edit it further. To my horror,...
I'm looking at the possibility of reusing waste heat to generate steam and drive a turbine to generate electricity. The application will be in the order of a few hundred...
How to waste time without really trying: https://www.authorstream.com/Present...n-communication-entertainment-ppt-powerpoint/
Hello , I'm presently in 1st year CSE, I would like to do some course in the coming holidays, but I'm confused between JAVA and .NET course. Could anyone here...
Am currently doing my design and fabrication project on Wobbler Engine. Can anyone tell me the main advantages and disadvantages of a wobbler engine? Also tell me where it is...