Facebook Apps Settings To Avoid Spam On Your Timeline

"Hello friends!,

I am writing this because recently few members of my family and friends had faced some problems with their Facebook account. They found that someone is uploading unwanted material, links or video links on their timeline without their information.
But don't worry, it wasn't HACKING by anyone. It was unknowingly they gave permission rights
to those spam apps to post on their timeline on behalf of them.

Now the question arises How to remove those apps and secure your Facebook timeline.
Here are few steps you should follow to secure:

1.) Go to settings. (Login on you PC, for better accessibility)
2.) Find Apps button on left hand side and click on it.
3.) Under "Logged in with Facebook" tab, you can see many APPS and Games where you logged in with your Facebook account.
4.) Identify the App from which you are getting unwanted posts on your timeline.
5.) Move your cursor on that app and you can see two transparent buttons for "Edit" & "Remove".
6.) Click on "Remove" button. A notification or warning message will appear.
7.) Check on box which states "Delete all your Apps Activities......" and click on "Remove" button.

Hurray! you have removed that unwanted App from your profile and no more timeline post without your knowing.

Note: You should check other apps and remove unwanted apps immediately. Also change your password for double safety.
Disclaimer: When you remove these Apps you may loose login of some apps or websites, but it can secure you page too.

Thanks!

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That's really useful. Sharing it with a few friends. It is also very annoying to see that Facebook controls what appears on your timeline by selecting only posts from people or pages whom you interact with the most (by direct messaging/ liking/sharing their posts, pages you visit the most). The other content just gets pushed back to nowhere and users sometimes never see it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If an exclusive report from Reuters is to be believed, Kaspersky Lab, the international software security group headquartered in Russia was involved in a secret campaign to harm its competitors’...
Hi, Default calculator of Windows 7 sucks. It works on the mode you choose and each mode has some limitations. For example I want to do some basic division and...
SAVE ME: SAFETY ON YOUR FINGERTIPS. Hey I created this app as I think that technology can overcome the biggest problem, i.e Women Safety. This app is a safety app...
This is our final year project. And i don't hav any ideas about it. can u help us?? #racing game
Just about a minute ago, I quickly added an important task I need to do on Monday to my Google Calendar. It syncs up with my mobile phone's notification system...