Every coins has three sides.

For ages it is said that "Every coin has two sides"
but I say "Every coin has three sides"
Third side of the coin is equally important.

This is true with most debates or conflicts and many times the problems could be solved if you look at the third side of the coin.

What do you say?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    koli
    For ages it is said that "Every coin has two sides"
    but I say "Every coin has three sides"
    Third side of the coin is equally important.

This is true with most debates or conflicts and many times the problems could be solved if you look at the third side of the coin.

What do you say?
    I didn't get the concept of the 'third side'. Could you please elaborate on it?
  • gohm
    gohm
    The third side is the actual side of the coin, i.e. the edge. It is where both sides meet and become one, both literaly & figuratively.

Althought each coin would have 4 sides if you also include: the inside πŸ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Man, thats a good point! I've never thought of a third side of a coin philosophically. I only see it when you do the coin toss probabilities.. either you get heads, tails, or land on the edge πŸ˜‰

But hey, some coins are actually shaped octagonally. So.. lots of sides to choose from! haha
  • Jeanius
    Jeanius
    I believe that the third side would be a compromise, although nobody wins in a compromise.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Ha ha, I can see you're a "glass half empty type" as I would say everyone wins in a compromise. πŸ˜€
    Jeanius
    I believe that the third side would be a compromise, although nobody wins in a compromise.
  • Jeanius
    Jeanius
    gohm
    Ha ha, I can see you're a "glass half empty type" as I would say everyone wins in a compromise. πŸ˜€
    Not in the least, if both people win half of their expectations (half their glass), then you end up with a full one! 😁

But I guess that depends on what you consider winning. If you compromise, you don't get what you initially want, but a skewed, edited version of what your wishes were. Whether or not one is content with getting just that determines whether or not one wins, so it's definitely a matter of perspective and what one's desires are.
  • technospartan
    technospartan
    THATS a really good concept our fellow cean has bought up.we generally consider the probability of the edge very low (almost 0) because we are damn sure of the HEAD-TAIL consequence.we never tend to think "THE OTHER WAY" WHY?????????? BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN CONDITIONED TO DO So.😎 we really have to think out of the box!!!!!!!! but as engineers we need to consider the three sides of the coin.

"ITS NOT SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST,
    ITS LIVE TO THE FULLEST"
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Lol, technospartan, I'm now imagining Gerard Butler screaming "we really have to think out of the box!!!" and constructing a catapult (or other engineer contraptions existing back then) in the 300 movie πŸ˜›

Yes, I agree with Jeanius regarding the different perspectives. However, it does pay to be as optimistic as practically possible.. you'll have less health problems from stress and depression πŸ˜‰ I suppose there are countless of motivational books that say something about "losing" as just another path for opportunities.
  • koli
    koli
    Ok,
    Let me explain the concept.
    1> Take two coins of same type
    2> Put them on top of each making sure that you dont see both heads or both tails.
    3>...Now show these coins to someone from 5-6 foot distance, holding in hand such a way that only one side is visible.
    4> Ask that person to guess how many coins are there
    ...Expected answer is "One" πŸ˜•
    5> Turn the set of coins around and repeated the question..
    ... Again "one".πŸ˜•
    6> Show the side view of these coins.

Point is. 😎
    >>>> Without looking at the 3rd side you cant separate both the side of coins.
    >>>> Without looking at the 3rd side you wont realize if it is one coin or multiple.
    >>>> Quite often there are more 2 opinions.... And by looking at the 3rd side you can identify that.

Also, Good point by gohm, 3rd side is where both side meet and makes a coin with value.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah, yes! πŸ˜‰ I guess one must be the "third perspective" at times to see the whole picture, instead of sticking to one side or the other.

...though, if someone did ask me to guess the number of coins from 6 feet away, while trying to hide the thickness of the coin stack, I know he/she is trying to trick me πŸ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, hope you can help. We have a bank of 8x150 amp 12V dc battery’s connected to an inverter. We would like to put in place an amp meter that...
hello all, I just joined. Seems an interesting place to discuss!! I am in VLSI design field. Learn more on VLSI design here. A very nice place, I would say...
I m doing B. Tech in 2nd yr. i want to do some degree after b. tech. which would i prefer MBA or M. Tech ? Plz Give details of...
need to put custom header links bar on my WordPress (v2.3.2) blog. The links I want are Site Home, Blog Home, About, Contact. I want these to appear on every...
hi, I just wanted to study a project which uses any of the CFD codes available in the market.It will be good if it is on chemical reactor design. It...