eTube : An Awesome Youtube Application.

Few days back, I switched to latest Elementary OS Luna, elegant-beautiful-most stable distro I've ever used after Linux mint. I am seriously in love with this distro, even though it is Ubuntu Precise based distro,I find the gnome-fork a lot better than Unity.

Anyways, This thread is not about Elementary OS Luna, but one awesome application build by Elementary OS developer for Luna users to browse,view Youtube videos : eTube

This application is an Full-screen application, which means when you click on the application it will automatically switch in full-screen.
The User Interface of the application is very smooth,responsive & easy to use.
On the left-side of the application there are the categories included just by simply using arrow keys of the keyboard you can switch the categories.

Screenshot from 2013-08-20 03:50:42
Great thing about this application is that you don't need mouse. Keyboard itself is enough to do your job.
You can see on left-side the categories menu which allows you to switch the categories without any hassle.

You can search & watch the video you want by pressing key 'S'.Search results are faster than what you get in browser.

Screenshot from 2013-08-20 03:51:29
You can even Login to the account & watch your subscribed channels. Also sync your mobile device & watch the videos.
Screenshot from 2013-08-20 03:51:45
Inshort, this application is capable of doing everything which your browser can do but in greater speed than browser & ofcourse a lot more attractive way.

This application is available only for Linux distro, #-Link-Snipped-# users. Kudos to the Distro developers & application developers. +Respect

I have even created small video :

To install this application in Luna OS, add official Elementary Community PPA :
 sudo add-apt-repository ppa:versable/elementary-update 
Then, update the repository by :
 sudo apt-get update 
Now install the application :
 sudo apt-get install etube 
No wonder why I love Linux 👍

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Abhishek Rawal
    This application is available only for Linux distro, #-Link-Snipped-# users. Kudos to the Distro developers & application developers. +Respect
    So it is not made for any other platform? Is there any news of any such development for Windows users?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Beauty! That really looks amazing. And dude, I think we also need a post on Luna!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Nayan Goenka
    So it is not made for any other platform? Is there any news of any such development for Windows users?
    No idea buddy. You can get the source-code from Launchpad & port it to Windows if you want. But that ported application shall remain 'Opensource' & of that same license or any further derivative license only (Licensing Terms)

Most Engineers in Last year can port entire project from X to Y, and I don't understand why they are so unclear in deciding what to do in last year. There are thousands of awesome projects which requires some good pool of (good)developers.

Pensu
    Beauty! That really looks amazing. And dude, I think we also need a post on Luna!
    Sure, homie. soon 😀
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Abhishek Rawal
    No idea buddy. You can get the source-code from Launchpad & port it to Windows if you want. But that ported application shall remain 'Opensource' & of that same license or any further derivative license only (Licensing Terms)

Most Engineers in Last year can port entire project from X to Y, and I don't understand why they are so unclear in deciding what to do in last year. There are thousands of awesome projects which requires some good pool of (good)developers.

Porting of source code would not do any kind of justice to the application. It would screw up the quality. I was asking for some kind of official launch.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Nayan Goenka
    Porting of source code would not do any kind of justice to the application. It would screw up the quality. I was asking for some kind of official launch.
    As far as i know, there's no hope for this.
    Why would Opensource developers will develop the same application for Windows & waste time ? 😨
  • Federico Damián
    Federico Damián
    Wow, you never used #-Link-Snipped-#? The application is only a windows with this page open 😨

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

DARPA - the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency is building a new type of car-kidnapping car transporting drone called 'Transformer TX' which would make 'off-roading' look refreshingly new. Trust us,...
hey all ........my freind wants to build a F1 car for his final year project..... but we dont know much about dat stuff ..............can anyone tell me the best way...
what is the difference between a basic disk and dynamic disk?? there is a difference when we are using multiple hard disks, dynamic disks supports disk striping and mirroring in...
Carbyne is the world's strongest material - about 2x stronger than graphene or carbon nanotubes which, until now, were the strongest known materials by some margin. Carbyne is stronger &...
can anyone kindly suggest me some good and effective web sites for arduino. i am just a beginner!