ES's Mathematical Puzzle - 2

This is a good one , read the question properly , dont use google you get the answer easily try it and post the easiest method to solve the same .

The sum of the digits of the 6- bigit number is 43

And only two of the following three statements about the number are true:

(1) it's a square number,
(2) it's a cube number, and
(3) the number is under 500000.

Replies

• RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    The number is 499849. This number satisfies the 1st (its a square of 707) and 3rd (less than 500000) conditions.
    Is there any other answers, ES?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Rajdeep you rocking dude.

This is the only answer i too have 😀
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Thanks ES, keep posting such great puzzles.
    This puzzle messed my mind totally. Cause in the morning, I made a C code for this puzzle by considering the condition 2nd and 3rd. But I dont get any answer than I tried to combine all three coditions and here I messed up totally cause program wasn't working properly. Than I leave this for other CEans. But in the noon, I just checked my calculator that what is the square root of 500000, is was around 707.1, so I squared the 707 and surprise!!!! This was the answer I am searching for.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is an interesting question asked by my friend.. D O + Y O U + F E E L = L U C K Y Substitute one digit for...
Hi I am a 3rd year B.tech student in Information Technology stream. I am very nervous as i could not understand what to do and where to go in this...
Hi Guys, This time I am fully loaded with a programming Challenge, all the programming language's are allowed 😉. Here is the Problem: This is a classic problems. The Tower...
This is my favorite topic and I can't stop discussing it infinite times. I'm still to find better answers. I always believed bicycles could be modified to make them smoother...
We are conducting a series of FREE workshops which are targeted at: 1. Helping you understand what a company looks for in a particular employee 2. Discovering your qualities (mental...