Entrepreneurs' Enemy : The fat salary

I personally know lot of wannabe entrepreneurs who are too scared to leave their cushy jobs and take that plunge into the sea of entrepreneurship.

So why is it so difficult to leave your job and dedicate yourself to your dream? What should one do to conquer this enemy? ๐Ÿ˜€

Waiting for the post flood ๐Ÿ˜ .

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Its not difficult to leave fat salary jobs. But lot of wannabe entrepreneurs are under a pressure from their home (wherever they have Dependants) and hence leaving the good jobs is not a lucrative option for them

In my opinion, you can start slow and hold on to your job for 6months to an year before you completely plunge.
  • Differential
    Differential
    So why is it so difficult to leave your job and dedicate yourself to your dream?
    I think, you are used to that FAT salary and started living luxry life. So idea of giving that up would be frightening and you become reluctant. Also during course of time, your responsibilities might have increased parallely along with your salary. So this again might be affecting.

What should one do to conquer this enemy?
    Hmmmm.................No concrete solution to this at least with me. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ha! I hope you all are not assuming that I'm seeking advice ๐Ÿ˜ . I've already been there, done that ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

1. As Mayur said, in most of the cases its the pressure from family or responsibilities that prevents most of the wannabe entrepreneurs from quitting the job.

2. As Differential said, yes its difficult to come out of comfort zone. The feeling that there won't be any paycheck at the end of the month, gets all the guts out of most of the people.

In my opinion - lot of people have lot of money to return to the banks [ the EMIs, I'm talking about]. That's one reason I've noticed, prevents wannabe entrepreneurs from quitting their jobs.

All said, most of the startups do not have a steady revenue source at the beginning.

One solution I propose is to pile up enough money to take care of your expenses for 1 year and giving your dreams a go.

What say?
  • Differential
    Differential
    Ha! I hope you all are not assuming that I'm seeking advice ๐Ÿ˜ . I've already been there, done that :wink: .
    ๐Ÿ˜›
    Are you saying this because of my YOU-writing style. I adopted it from filmstars and cricketers..........When YOU act......when YOU play........๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Oh alright ๐Ÿ˜ .
  • niraj.kumar
    niraj.kumar
    To start any thing you have 2 come out from your comfort zone and people who are earning fat salary .. dont want to
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dead thread? Hello !
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hm, if everyone wants to be an entrepreneur, then no one will work for each other ๐Ÿ˜›

It'll be like the ancient times again.. where everyone will barter goods with each other which they themselves personally produce.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    it depends on oneself,everything has a risk,and most wannabe enterprenuers regret,tats the sucking part!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Last night in a mall, I played Need for speed Carbon on the xbox, and boy! What a kick ass game it is. ๐Ÿ˜€ While I was head over heels...
Hi Guys, I need to make a small circuit consisting of 3 color of LEDs, each color consist of 3 LEDs each. They are able to switch colors via a...
was wondering if anyone here could help me, I'm pursuing knowledge on a few things having to do with creating a robotic chassis. basically ill probably never complete this because...
hi frndzzzz...... i need ur help. i m in final yr IT student . i want some seminar topics in future or advanced technology related computer .if u have some...
Hello I am Shruti Poduval from Andhra Pradesh, India. Happy to be a part of this great community of engineers.