Electronics Engineering Project Idea: Proximity Sensor

CEans,

Those who are looking for a mini-project in electronics - can try to build a proximity sensor.

Wikipedia says: -

A proximity sensor is a Sensor - Wikipedia able to detect the presence of nearby objects without any physical contact. A proximity sensor often emits an Electromagnetic or Electrostatic field, or a beam of Electromagnetic Radiation (Infrared, for instance), and looks for changes in the Electric Field or return signal. The object being sensed is often referred to as the proximity sensor's target. Different proximity sensor targets demand different sensors. For example, a Capacitive or Photoelectric sensor might be suitable for a plastic target; an Inductance proximity sensor requires a metal target.

How's the idea? Easy? Give it a try and share your learnings with all of us here! :smile:

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Some people believe commodities that are popular among consumers reflect the power of advertisement rather than the real needs of people . To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Google recently launched its experimental search which allows users to choose the best results and rank them accordingly. This is something similar to service offered by 'DIGG'. Do you think...
Name : satayjeet mohanty Location : india Occupation : student hobbies : gaming , chatting ,browsing net Aim in life : hardware engineer I joined crazy engineers because : i...
Can someone explain the practical uses of static electricity? Are there any home appliances that use static electricity?
a BIG NO NO!!!! I could not digest it... felt as if I wasted my precious week end upon a movie.. which not only a week storyline ,, but backed...