Electric bus sets new world record for single charge

The 40-foot Proterra Catalyst E2 Max has 660 kWh of energy storage, which delivers a standard range of between 194 and 350 miles. However, at the Navistar Proving Grounds in Indiana, the heavy-duty bus was able to optimise its efficiency, significantly extending its nominal range. The record eclipses the 1,013.76 miles set six years ago by the Schluckspecht E, an aerodynamic EV only a fraction of the weight of Proterra’s bus.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Tesla should enter this competition. Tesla Model S should be a inspiration for mileage with more than 670miles on single charge.I agree that it was small car when compared to a heavy duty bus yet Tesla can make it happen.
    Still amazed by this inventions.
  • kunaljd
    kunaljd
    Chinese are also in the race. .Lets hope indian companies like mahindra and TATA motors doesn't lose out every time to chinese and american.

PLease read:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been investing significant time in learning the test-driven development approach for my upcoming projects ( for CrazyEngineers IO ) and frankly speaking, I'm on the edge. On one side,...
May I have a soft copy of your civil engineering books please. Thanks for help And If you want to help me in my project study or let say thesis...
Quote By tracking and studying eclipses, a 15-year journey of failure just wouldn’t die until the truth had the last say. End quote How WWI Saved Einstein’s Theory of Relativity
What do you do when you are bored, depressed, feeling not-so-easy and want to enjoy your solitude? I can expect a philosophical answer from each one of the readers and...
Here's the list of top scorers in today's 'mixed bag' quiz. Congratulations to all the top scorers. All quiz takers, consider becoming Premium Member of Quizzr. You'll absolutely love it:...