Efficient way of energy conversion?

So, this morning whilst i was travelling by the train an idea occured to me..! So let me elaborate my idea..! A train moves at a very high speed right? So, when brakes are applied large energy is being converted to stop the locomotive..! So, why shouldn't we design a way to store the energy released during the application of brakes...?? And can energy be stored even due to the rotation of the wheels? I checked this up in the World wide network and found that magnetically levitated trains use this concept of regenerative brakes..! So, is this feasible??
#-Link-Snipped-# eagerly waiting for your reply..! 😀

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    The hybrid cars are using this concept of regenerative braking. But since the mass of the train is larger, a lot of kinetic energy would be converted to heat energy while braking. if regenerative braking was to be used here, then the size of the motor go up like anything.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    ty...!! 😀 #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello crazy engineers, I need some new innovative ideas in order to conduct some interesting events in my college like in tech fests. In tech fests events are usually on...
Okay don't get me wrong, I am not reefer head & puff puff passing is not my thing. But yesterday I was having chat with loads of US friends in...
Hello guys, Can someone please tell me How to hack computers connected with LAN with same user-id and password ? I really want to learn the trick. Give me a...
Is learning designing software necessary foe a mechanical engineer ?
I am a graduate engineer from Africa who is willing to work with everyone in or out of this field to better the world.I am in a few projects involving...