Efficiency Of Boiler!

If-----
Duration of trial of boiler is 16 hrs.
Total heating surface is 3000 m[sup]2[/sup].
Total grate area is 4 m[sup]2[/sup].
Mean absolute pressure is 12.5 bar.
Total coal burned is 6850 kg.
Total mass of water evaporated is 65000 kg.
Temperature of feed water is 40[sup]o[/sup] C.
Conditions of steam is 0.93 dry.

then determine ---

Mas of coal burned per m square of grate area per hour.
Mass of water evaporated per kg of coal under actual condition.
Equivalent evaporation per kg of coal.
Equivalent evaporation per m square of total heating surface per hour.
Efficiency of boiler.

(the calorific value of coal is 27720 KJ/kg.)

Replies

• rebellionofrebel
    rebellionofrebel
    are you posting an assignment given to you on the forum to get it solved by other fellow CEans??? If thats the case, its not good buddy!!!!!!
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    i can solve it but it requires lot of typing effort 😡. I am thinking to overcome this problem😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

IT recession seems to be hitting the Indian IT industry. Times of India has been giving mixed news about the state of Indian IT and how it's being affected by...
It's my final year project and just finished a simple server / client program that sends messages and receive them ,,,, Now the Dr. said that the next time he...
Microsoft has just released the Sky Drive app for Apple iOS and Windows phone platforms. The cloud storage service from Microsoft will now be accessbile through your iPhone. Surprisingly, the...
Nokia entered the Dual SIM phone market with its X1-01 and C2-03 models several months ago. Mobile phones with two GSM or GSM+CDMA sims have been quite popular among consumers....
Kaspersky anti virus has pulled in ace Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar to promote the antivirus software brand Kaspersky. While I'm a big fan of Avast antivirus because it's free and...